Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old gold wing that has become an awful yard ornaments with mother nature trying to claim as her own. In my opinion its not in any kind of working condition but I've had a few people ask about it so if they see what I see and still want to know how much I'd take for it. I figured that I should find out what goldwing riders would do in my case. There's gotta be some kind of potential. There's no key. Dry rotted wires & hoses. I don't even know how to find out what model it is

·
Registered
851 Posts
Sounds like it won’t be worth much. I am building 1970s GL1000s. The 1975 was running and was totally original with no dents or scrapes. I gave $450 for it. Needed a lot of work but a lot to work with. Sounds like yours is not so good. Can you post a pic for us to see what model it is.

·
Registered
447 Posts
The way you r describing it, I'd probably sell it to the next person that comes along, and offer's you something/anything, It's better than it becoming such a lawn ornament, that all your neighbor's or [husband/wife] make you just trash it and you'll never get anything for it... (or actually have to pay yourself to have it hauled away) Just saying here!

Ronnie
11/25/21

·
Super Moderator
15,177 Posts
take and post several pic's so we can see what you have

Reactions: Cantankerous

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
the year should be on a the front fork tube

but there are some knowledgeable people on here that can tell from pics,if you take from the front, rear, and sides

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
You have no key and do not know the year, so I assume you have no title for it either. I would push it to the curb and put a sign on it "FREE" and hope someone hauls it away for you. I actually did this with one of my old Kawasaki drag bikes a couple of years ago, it saved me from hauling it to the scrap yard.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
You have no key and do not know the year, so I assume you have no title for it either. I would push it to the curb and put a sign on it "FREE" and hope someone hauls it away for you. I actually did this with one of my old Kawasaki drag bikes a couple of years ago, it saved me from hauling it to the scrap yard.
I get rid of lots of things that way, it is amazing what people will pick up off the curb
I even got rid of an old, my wife "wouldn't be caught setting on it" toilet that was in this house when we bought it and did a total bathroom redo

Reactions: crownfire

·
Registered
851 Posts
I get rid of lots of things that way, it is amazing what people will pick up off the curb
I even got rid of an old, my wife "wouldn't be caught setting on it" toilet that was in this house when we bought it and did a total bathroom redo
That toilet is useful to some of us for a lower pot in the driveway. Just saying.

·
Administrator
15,388 Posts
That toilet is useful to some of us for a lower pot in the driveway. Just saying.
You could just step behind a tree.........oh............wait............

You meant flower pot! Sorry, my bad. :sneaky: 🍻

1 - 11 of 11 Posts