Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new open face helmet. ( I really can't or don't wear the full-face cover type. I know they are safer, but I can not wear one.
yes, I have tried.)
I want one of good quality, light-weight and comfortable, that will accept my headset earphones and mike.
ANY SUGGESTIONS?

·
Super Moderator
28,452 Posts
G I, I bought HJC IS-33 for me & the wife & really like them. Lightweight, have built in sun visor (like jet pilots) are good looking & reasonably priced. Just one ole fossil's opinion.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
+1 on that one fossil92. I have three helmets: a DOT approved half-lid with removeable ear covers, an Arai Vector and the HJC IS33. HJC is really climbing in the safety test scores, and when you factor in the price, they're hard to pass up.:cool:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
G I, I bought HJC IS-33 for me & the wife & really like them. Lightweight, have built in sun visor (like jet pilots) are good looking & reasonably priced. Just one ole fossil's opinion.
thanks,
I just pulled the HJC IS 33 up and I like the looks also.
Does it seem to fit according to size?
(my head is 23" and their chart indicates XL)
How does it feel on the neck area? My current helmet seems to ride down over my eyebrows and someone said the neckine is too long for my fat head...
Finally, can you put the Honda headset, mic. in the helmet?

thanks very much for your response..

·
Super Moderator
28,452 Posts
G I mine fits the same size as my Simpson did so I don't quite know how to answer your question regarding size. Maybe you should find a dealer who has them on the shelf where you can try them on. The neck area also seems fine to me. I mounted J&M headsets, not sure how Honda's are different. What I did was take the liner out & took a hole saw to the foam & made a recess for the ear pieces tucked all the wire in & put the liner back in. The liner is thin enough & loose enough material that the noise level wasn't that much different. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Bought a Fulmer open face/ with visor last week. Has little pockets in the ear cavity for the headset speakers. Don't have a headset so I can't comment on the mic mounting, but the helmet was only $74.00 out the door. For me it satisifies two requirements: my state helmet law; and the comfort of the helmet when highway riding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts