Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I said I love riding but yesterday I took Stella out for a ride about 30 miles round trip and found that it was a boring ride.
Has anyone ever had this happen before?
I guess riding single has just caught up with me yesterday.
We are going out again today hopefully it was a one time thing.
And I am not losing my love for riding.;)
Jerry

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Come on Jerry!!! Its the mileage that is the problem.;) 30 miles barely gets the heart pumping. I guess its better than being parked in the garage though.
Ride More - Drive Less!

·
Registered
741 Posts
More miles, more miles!!! 30 just gets me to the gas station.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Find a couple of riding friends to go with, or go some place of intrest by yourself.

·
Registered
53 Posts
one of my last rides a few years back i had a couple friends show up and asked me if i wanted to go for a ride,got on the bike and we took off, rode to town 1 mile stopped at a friends and talked for a couple hours, fianilly we took off for the big ride together great
we rode 1 mile in the other direction and stopped at a pull off hunting spot and the three of us parked our bikes and bull****** for a while and i guess smoked ourselfs stupid, in this whole trip i drove 3 miles was gone 5 hours and went through 2 packs of smokes,got home checked on wife she just had surgery,she asked how was your bike ride honey i replied dont ask i sold the bike 2 days later, now i have a different wing and my two friends have moved away

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i have lots of friends to ride with but i usually look on the map and pick a place to go. where ever i go is about and hour or more away from home

·
Super Moderator
11,818 Posts
I feel the same way at times. I find that if I go for a longer ride with friends I lose the feeling.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I found this to be true with my sport bike. Although living in Florida has a bit to do with that. After riding the mountains (single) and the racetrack, I don't even take out the sport bike anymore. One of the main reasons I got the wing was so I can take the wife with me on longer rides. So far its been great and I am gearing the bike up slowly for a good long distance ride in the spring time. It has renewed my love for riding. Maybe its just the different bike but riding the straight flat roads of Florida, the wing serves its purpose.

Maybe a change in motorcycle is in order?

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Riding does wonders for my head clearing. Going on a trip lifts the spirit for weeks before the trip. And when away it like on a high. The birds wake me up, the sunset and sunrise make me bounce out of bed. It the simple things that take on such beauty, the running creek with the frogs at full song. Sitting around a camp fire with a stick and a marshmellow. Even putting the kettle on at a bush stop and talking with another traveller. No I haven't lost the love of it yet. I can't wait for the next adventure. The plans are on the drawing boards right now. Eric

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
bush stop !

Riding does wonders for my head clearing. Going on a trip lifts the spirit for weeks before the trip. And when away it like on a high. The birds wake me up, the sunset and sunrise make me bounce out of bed. It the simple things that take on such beauty, the running creek with the frogs at full song. Sitting around a camp fire with a stick and a marshmellow. Even putting the kettle on at a bush stop and talking with another traveller. No I haven't lost the love of it yet. I can't wait for the next adventure. The plans are on the drawing boards right now. Eric
A bush stop in alabama is when you can't wait to get to a bathroom ! All you Southern guys know i am telling the truth !! : ):D

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
if you need someplace to ride check out my bikes on the bricks thread jerry ... see you there

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
only 30 miles and your bored . come on man get on there and go over 100 , i usualy ride alone it makes me clear my head

·
Super Moderator
11,818 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I may try to get there det but it won't be on Stella. I'm waiting on winter to add to ext. alt.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts