Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just got my new windshield from National Cycle. Here is my review. It reduced a lot of the buffeting not only for me but also my passenger (the boss). It looks a lot better than stock and seems a little thicker also. Here is a link from their website with a picture. I will get pictures of it on my bike soon.

http://shop.nationalcycle.com/perl/cycle/N20032?mv_session_id=PWUdCnMc&search_model=hd%2d134"

·
Registered
5 Posts
V Stream Windshield

I also ordered one from National Cycles about a month ago and put it on. Best windshield I have had on any of the bikes I have owned in the past 40 years. Easy to adjust from all the way down to all the way up. The flair out on the edges really throws the wind around the driver and the passenger. I'd recommend this windshield as a replacement to the stock for all 1800 Goldwing owners.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey everyone, just got my new windshield from National Cycle. Here is my review. It reduced a lot of the buffeting not only for me but also my passenger (the boss). It looks a lot better than stock and seems a little thicker also. Here is a link from their website with a picture. I will get pictures of it on my bike soon.

http://shop.nationalcycle.com/perl/cycle/N20032?mv_session_id=PWUdCnMc&search_model=hd%2d134"

When you say it reduced alot of the buffeting, is that in the upper or lower poositions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
V Stream Windshield

Meanstrk, the windshield is curved out on the outer edge and it throws the wind out and around the drive and passenger. It works best in the upper position of the windshield, but I do not notice side wind, only just a little over the top wind from the lower position of the windshield. The only hard part about replacing the windshield is the mirrors coming off, best to have the Clymer's manual to help with minor things. Mine cost me around $225 thru the Honda dealer ordering it from nationalcycle, he gives me a discount on my parts & accessories. :)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Meanstrk, the windshield is curved out on the outer edge and it throws the wind out and around the drive and passenger. It works best in the upper position of the windshield, but I do not notice side wind, only just a little over the top wind from the lower position of the windshield. The only hard part about replacing the windshield is the mirrors coming off, best to have the Clymer's manual to help with minor things. Mine cost me around $225 thru the Honda dealer ordering it from nationalcycle, he gives me a discount on my parts & accessories. :)
I have not replaced my stock shield yet but plan to do so very soon. I am not entirely sure about the V-stream; but I have read several posts about installing other after-market shields saying that the mirrors do not have to be removed. These posts talk about folding the mirrors outward. (They can be folded in & out just like on your auto). Then they mention accessing the inside of the mirror housing without taking them off. They also say to put a cloth up through the folded in mirror to prevent a screw (that apparantly has to be removed) from falling down inside the housing never to be seen again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bupowell- I am about 6'3" so I ride with my V Stream raised completly. I still look over the top of the screen though.

Red Ron- You are correct, you do not have to remove the mirror. It pivots just like a car mirror.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts