Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YEARS ago I had a 1986 Aspencade and remember it fondly! I've been riding HD bikes since then, and traded my Road Glide in on a new Deluxe about this time last year. I got tired of seeing other Road Glides everywhere.

After riding the Deluxe for the past year,I think I'm too old to make all the noise anymore.

One bike that always caught my eye was the F6B. I think the new ones are nice looking, but that instrument cluster just isn't working for me, much less the slightly smaller rear luggage capacity....

I found a 2013 with 8000 miles on it, ironically at a HD dealer. The listed price is 11K. It appears well cared for.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Where are you from?

Have you ridden a GL1800? Not a ridiculous price on the F6B plus, if that's the actual picture, it has the center stand and backrest so it's a deluxe model. HD dealers are quick to wholesale non-HD used bikes and will give you a better trade on your HD than a Honda dealer will. Go look, take it for a ride and see what you can do.

·
Super Moderator
28,152 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF and yes, nice looking machine. Take it for a ride and enjoy

·
Super Moderator
9,704 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone state. I always liked the F6B and Valkyrie looks which are really a wing without some of the plastic. You will love the way they handle. Give it a try and see for yourself. If it "sings" to you then you will know..

·
Super Moderator
14,256 Posts
Welcome to you from Mississippi. I think you should take it for a test ride. If it sings the "Buy Me" song you will know it is right for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome, fellas! I'm from the St Louis area and the bike is about 150 miles away, so I have to wait until Thursday to get the weather clearance to ride that way.

Yes, that is the picture of the bike. I did ask that they send me a few pictures of the front fairing without the black bra so I could view the paint for wear. Looks flawless in the pictures.

Never have been on the 1800, my '86 Wing, as you know, was the 1200.

Aside from the bike appearing to be well cared for, I did spot a small go-pro mount (the stick on type) on the left saddlebag. This actually kinda makes me feel good about the bike; the guy enjoyed riding it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a feeling that you just may enjoy your new ride........(and will never look back)..........Just think: NO more noise, nice and smooth, no worries about breakdowns, no oil leaks, (and we all know what the initials "H/D " stands for:( hundred dollars) ............Please let us know when you are smiling again ok? If the picture is the bike that you are looking at, all I can is wow, nice condition>>>

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With 8k on the clock, I can only assume that I could wait until next spring to have the air filter replaced, and at the same time (?) have the ignition position sensor (if that is what it's called) replaced while it's stripped down? Just a thought. Otherwise, I know it should be bullet proof.

😎

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I haven't purchased it yet, but very likely going to give a couple hundred over the phone to hold it until Thursday.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. 8k is early for an air filter change. I believe the book suggests 24K. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally reached the sales person I spoke with in Friday. Someone strolled in this morning and purchased the F6B.

He who hesitates.......

Search goes on

1 - 16 of 16 Posts