Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from Tiger direct, this one:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6658190&CatId=4076

for 99 dollars. Its refurbished, and for 99 bucks almost disposable.
I have a Nuvi 205 that his one is replacing, and the best part, the reason I bought it was because its really, really bright. My old one was difficult to see in the sunlight.
Also this guy has a 5" screen, my daughter say its over 50 approved meaning I can read it wit the big numbers :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mount it with the suction cup right to the windshield.
The same way I had the old one mounted, never had any trouble of it falling off. I do keep the power cord tied tight just in case though.
As for a waterproof case, I just keep a ziploc handy in the storage box.

This is a cheap, no wait in expensive way yo have a gps!

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
I bought the 1450LMT for my girlfriend and it is really nice. The only thing I don't like about it is the ad's that pop up. They will disappear by themselves after a minute or so and they don't cover the screen but they can be a distraction. The way to get rid of them as soon as they pop up is to hit the back arrow that takes you back to Menu and then touch Maps again. Its a 2 step process but it gets rid of that ad. I would only do that though if it bothers you. It will go away in about a minute. It grabs satellites real fast, faster than my 760, and calculates faster. The larger screen is very nice and you are correct that the screen is brighter. Do be advised though that "updating" the maps is and can be a lengthy process. If something happens to your connection during that time, you can really mess a lot of things up. My suggestion is to only update maps when they really need to be updated and do it late at night when interruptions to your service is at its lowest risk. You will like the Garmin 1450LMT. Enjoy..and Check GPSCity.com to see if Ram has a cradle for it. I am not into trusting anything to a suction cup.
Anyway, have fun....and thats a good price cause I paid the Amazon price....:D

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
I just bought the Garmin Nuvi 1350LMT to replace a Nuvi 680 that I misplaced.. Like the brighter screen when on the motorcycle. Of course I just bought a sun shade for the old Nuvi just before I lost it... DUMB me..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts