Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a '79 CX500 Custom a couple of years ago and even though I rode it for a while I felt it was my duty to put it back to as near original as I could as the POs had really butchered it so it's been under restoration all last year. After all these years of riding dirt bikes then without for a long time I figured it would be better for me to start off with this before I moved onto a real Wing. CG is a lot higher so I'm getting the feel of a real bike.

It's totally completed except for the paint and I can't shoot 2K Urethane in the weather we have around here until spring comes, if you're going to do it right ....

Could be interesting exchanging info between our forum and yours as many also have the true Wings in their stables. Cheers! to all.

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
I believe he may be talking about this SilverWing, Maestro.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
I believe he may be talking about this SilverWing, Maestro.
Given my age you would have thunk I would have known that. I believe you are right, good fossil. I Googled " SilverWing +motorcycles " and that's what came up. The 70's were a blur to me anyway.

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. All are welcome here. Ride safe and enjoy..

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Given my age you would have thunk I would have known that. I believe you are right, good fossil. I Googled " SilverWing +motorcycles " and that's what came up. The 70's were a blur to me anyway.
Welcome marshallf3! Silver, Gold, it's all precious metal right? It ain't the colour of the Wing, it's how she flies that counts!
Chopin114, I hate to be like this, but the CX500 came out in '81, and became the GL650 in '83. Some of that haze carried over into the next decade buddy:cool:

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
Welcome marshallf3! Silver, Gold, it's all precious metal right? It ain't the colour of the Wing, it's how she flies that counts!
Chopin114, I hate to be like this, but the CX500 came out in '81, and became the GL650 in '83. Some of that haze carried over into the next decade buddy:cool:
The heck with this thread. Gee, budoka! Ever hear of Double Jeopardy ? It states that a member can not be made an idiot twice in one thread.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Silverwing is a great bike. We bought a new, '83 (silver - European specs) while stationed in Germany - rode it all over Germany, Switzerland, Belgium...then when in PA I ran across another '83 that we bought...this one was the red color. Rode it big time there and in Florida...great ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts