Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It all started with a set of passenger armrest and has now gotten out of control. Here is a punch list of what I have ordered, all ready received and is on the way as we speak......

1) Rivco passenger Arm Rest........ Will be here this Friday

2) Ultimate King Seat with Red Ostrich in-lays........Will be here next Wednesday

3) 35 watt HID headlight kit in 5000k color.........Will ship out tomorrow.

4) Show Chrome LED from Fender trim and center front fender medallion in clear LED

5) Clutch reservoir cap with Dual RAM Mount balls (Motorcycle Larry)...........Installed!!

6) Machined a mount for the Zune HD MP3 player and mounted on one of the RAM balls...........DONE!

7) Mounting bracket ( SlipGrip) for the Samsung Galaxy S Android phone with Ram mount (sitting on the other clutch RAM ball).........DONE!

8) 12V Power leads for both the ZUNE and Android neatly run down the bar and back in behind the fairing and into the left pocket then tied into the Acc. port wires.............DONE!

9) Garmin Nuvi 765T .......................On the way, next week sometime.

10) RAM mount for above Garmin ( bar clamp throttle side )...........Received and waiting for Garmin.

11) Bushtec V2 Hitch and Wiring Harness/Isolator...............Received and waiting on seat to install at the same time.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Nicely done Buzzy!

·
Super Moderator
14,411 Posts
See if you can tell what is missing here.........
Well.....the word Honda is missing. Nice bit of personalizing. I've added a very few farkles so far, may be more in the future.

I'm hoping that the Rivco armrests come soon. I'm backordered still.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well.....the word Honda is missing. Nice bit of personalizing. I've added a very few farkles so far, maybe be more in the future.

I'm hoping that the Rivco armrests come soon. I'm backordered still.
Who did you order from? Wingstuff called me Tuesday I think it was and the next batch is ready. Mine were shipped direct from Wingstuff but I would think if you already ordered them you should have gotten the call.

·
Super Moderator
14,411 Posts
I ordered from Wingstuff. I contacted them yesterday and they didn't give me a very positive answer. Just said I'm on the list and they didn't know yet. Hopefully soon, the wife would be happy which will keep me happy.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered from Wingstuff. I contacted them yesterday and they didn't give me a very positive answer. Just said I'm on the list and they didn't know yet. Hopefully soon, the wife would be happy which will keep me happy.
I had a fella PM me on another forum last week. He had a few of these and offered my one. I will copy and paste the PM he sent here. Give him a call, you never know, he might still have them or maybe got some of the new ones.

This is the PM................

We have 2 sets be here tomorrow. www.bikesandtrikesllc.com
Call 318-388-0448 and ask for Steve. He will be in around 11:00 and same price as wing stuff.
Eddie

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice looking tail end, Buzzy. It really PoPs!
Thanks Chop! I was a little leary of ordering it but I'm glad I did. It completly fills the rear fender cavity and fits like a glove.

And if you notice that strip of LED's on the bottom? Those are some of the brightest LED's I have seen on a bike. The come ready to be wired into the brake and running lights. That is how I have them and I also use a brake light modulator, they work great!

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
I just came into $700 of spending cash ( unfortunately, I caved in and told Mz. Vickie ). It is harder to spend it than to have nothing and just imagine what you would want.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just came into $700 of spending cash ( unfortunately, I caved in and told Mz. Vickie ). It is harder to spend it than to have nothing and just imagine what you would want.
You can do a lot of damage with $700 smackers! How about the Rivco armrest for starters?:D

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
You can do a lot of damage with $700 smackers! How about the Rivco armrest for starters?:D
If she wants them I will gladly get them. First thing to get her is a helmet and I will need a matching one. That will probably eat up about $300. We will go from there.

·
Registered
232 Posts
If she wants them I will gladly get them. First thing to get her is a helmet and I will need a matching one. That will probably eat up about $300. We will go from there.
Hey Chopin... look into the HJC is-33, it is a nice helmet and has a drop down dark shield. It adapts well to the Edsets I installed in it and I have not experienced wind noise with it. Love it! The price is right to Wingstuff VIP members as well. I paid $118 vs $135 on most sites.

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
Hey Chopin... look into the HJC is-33, it is a nice helmet and has a drop down dark shield. It adapts well to the Edsets I installed in it and I have not experienced wind noise with it. Love it! The price is right to Wingstuff VIP members as well. I paid $118 vs $135 on most sites.
That's the one, Charles. I'm am open face rider but like the shield option and the mini sun shield is a nice bonus. Now pick me a color: Metallic White or Black ?

·
Super Moderator
14,411 Posts
Now pick me a color: Metallic White or Black ?
That's the helmet we use. Pretty good but I get a good bit of wind noise. I still would pick it again. Hmmm....white bike so white helmets, or black to contrast? I think that I would choose black.

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
That's the helmet we use. Pretty good but I get a good bit of wind noise. I still would pick it again. Hmmm....white bike so white helmets, or black to contrast? I think that I would choose black.
My thought also. The visibility factor of white is well established, but black won't contrast with my rag tag riding clothes. Wait until Buzzy sees where his Farkle thread has drifted to. I'm expecting a PM from him any minute now to tell me to get back on his topic.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My thought also. The visibility factor of white is well established, but black won't contrast with my rag tag riding clothes. Wait until Buzzy sees where his Farkle thread has drifted to. I'm expecting a PM from him any minute now to tell me to get back on his topic.
What do you think I have a Beemer in my garage or something?:D

·
Registered
232 Posts
I wanted to go with the red helmet because it compliments the red 'wing, however, I went with the light silver grey because it matches my wife's older HJC that we already have.... and what I also discovered - the grey matches the Tourmaster grey/black raingear we have... which is a bigger plus than matching the motorcycle... so I am glad I got the grey.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Nice job on taking off the Honda badge Buzzy, did it come off easily? was there any adhesive residue left? Ditto on the IS-33 Maestro, and we chose the matte silver for ours (mesquite metallic bike) to go with our Nirvana grey/black jackets. I find black helmets very hot in the warmer weather and they mark up real easily. Buzzy I love that license plate holder, too bad our Alberta plates are such a stupid size, you have to get creative with a set of snips to make them fit any of those pieces, and then the annual authorization tags don't fit where they should (looks a bit out of sorts). Where'd you get it (my plate is cut already so....)?

1 - 20 of 77 Posts