Honda Goldwing Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Honda GoldWing Interstate, Candy Spectra Red, and of course, with drive shaft.
77 Posts
can anyone tell me if that 12volt regulator is right? or is that supposed to be where the 7 volt one is
I don’t recall there being a 7-volt regulator, and that looks right to me. One of the things the old Wings had was a “backup box” (my name for it) that would redirect power when bulbs burned out. Mine failed, and I ended up just bypassing it.

·
Registered
1978 Honda Goldwing GL1000
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have been looking around for anything interesting and have found several unplugged wires. This bike did have a windjammer but wasn't included in the trade and it was in rough shape. This is what I have found so far that looks a little rough. that blue plug thing is literally a looped wire
Coil Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Gas

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Electrical wiring Auto part

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Handwriting Rim

Finger Terrestrial plant Thumb Nail Plant

Terrestrial plant Plant Finger Flowering plant Vegetable

Motor vehicle Gas Automotive tire Automotive exterior Nut

·
Registered
1978 Honda Goldwing GL1000
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I found something weird that isn't on the diagram, white with green stripe. and my horn isn't hooked up it has an aftermarket horn that has the correct color and then a black wire. I couldn't for the life of me find the 7 volt regulator
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bag Electrical wiring Auto part

·
Registered
1996 Honda GoldWing Interstate, Candy Spectra Red, and of course, with drive shaft.
77 Posts
I found a weird canister thing that has 3 wires to it and I can't find it on the harness diagram
That, I believe, is your turn signal buzzer.

Reactions: Limpy45

·
Registered
99 Posts
Correct, that is the turn signal buzzer/beeper. I think the so called 7 volt regulator is right next to the gauges if not inside one. It has been a while (30 years) since I have had a 79 that also used one. If it had a Windjammer, check the head light bucket wiring harness. Might be something in there messed up???

21 - 30 of 30 Posts