Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please can someone help my 1200 has floorboards and the rear brake pedal's so high you have to lift foot off board to locate and operate brakes, My knees sit too high and it is difficult for me to lift foot, Every bike Iv'e ever owned pedal was directly under ball of foot.What can I do do they make special pedal? Seat is too low my legs are bent too much seat has rear rest for back and I wanna sit back further but can't because of hump? help? I am 6'0" 295lbs:confused:

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
The 85 Aspencade I had years ago, had an adjustment on the seat that would let you move it back, seem to me the release was on the left side just under the edge of the seat.
With the floor board I'm afraid you'll have to lift you foot.
Then you can try to lower the pedal. Remove the bolt on the pedal clamp and note exactly where the lever set on the shaft. Work the lever off the shaft and move it ONE notch on the shaft only. That will make a lot of difference on the pedal height. Be careful that you don't move it so it bottoms out on the board.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Registered
364 Posts
meetpete: I have a 84 & 85 aspy on the 85 the set adjust is on left side under lip of the seat on 84 it is inside the fuel cover small lift up leaver. I had the floor boards and heel toe shifter but could not get use to it also had same problem with trying to find the rear break pedal to high up. I took both of them off and put the standard foot pegs back on as im 6ft 3 and 250 lbs If you dont ride two up you can slide the seat back to get more room. Hal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts