Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
Nice stuff Doc, just recently bought a Tourmaster Rincon myself. There products are of the upmost quality in this Ole Fossil's opinion.

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Somebody must have come into some $$$. Nice stuff. Ride safe Doc..

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
I've been looking hard at Tourmaster for a new jacket in the next couple of months. The Joe Rocket textile jacket I have now is good, but the venting options on the Tourmasters appears to be superior to the textile "blow through" that the JR jacket has. Might just have to spring for it so that I have it for my Four Corners tour this summer.

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
Mike although I haven't ridden with it yet. I believe the Rincon is going to be an awesome all around jacket. It has that nostalgic waxed feel, look & plenty of vents as you said, 3/4 length, inner liner for different seasons as well. I'm really loving it. Couldn't beat the price either newenough/motorcycle gear had a closeout special.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
You guys must look sharp in your riding Tux. Someday I know I'll go from rags to riches.
we save a few bucks by shopping at new enough or motorcycle closeouts so we can look as good as we can

·
Registered
141 Posts
I am all for you guys looking great in new duds, but for me I'm gonna keep on keepin on in my old Leatherman jacket with lotsa miles on it, some call it wear, but I call it character accumulation. It has a thinsulate zip out liner, and 6 zip open vents, and continues to provide comfort on days too cold to ride to 70 degrees. Its fun to think about riding in anything, as we sit here waiting for the grandaddy snow storm, calling for 12 to 24", -8 degrees, and 35 mph N wind--and cattle to feed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've got the Rincon and love it. I'll wear it till the temps get to the upper 90's then switch to a mesh but other than that it's a great jacket.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the term new enough? from what i read the items were close outs or discontinued ( like my joe rocket phoenix 4.0 ) but new, undamaged, and at a discount. the 4.0 jacket was going for about $139 but i got it for $89 from new enough at the time. it was the last year you could buy that jacket new

1 - 13 of 13 Posts