Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to ride the 1200 to breakfast this morning, only to find the battery was dead. First thing that crossed my mind was dead stator. I put the charger on and took the 1500 to breakfast. I went out a few minutes ago and started the 1200 with a meter on the battery. It's reading a good solid 14.4v even at idle. I left the meter on when I shut off the bike, the voltage didn't drop as if there is anything draining the battery. It looks like I will need to buy a battery soon.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
I take it you don't want to replace a stator. Never done one, but from what I read on the board nobody does.

·
Super Moderator
11,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I sure don't. That was one of the deciding factors in getting the 1500!

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Check your connections, you didn't say how long you had the charger on.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
you have to remember the clock isalways running. last year my 1200 sat alot because noone including me rode it much and when i went to park it for winter the pc680 struggled to start it. the battery was very weak and i rode around for about two hours before making it to mom's where i stored it for winter. the pc680 charged up just fine and after disconnecting the cables there was nothing more to do

·
Super Moderator
11,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
you have to remember the clock is always running.
The bike was ridden last Friday.

Check your connections, you didn't say how long you had the charger on.
Good clean and tight connections. The charger was on for about six hours.

I do appreciate the suggestions, but it looks like the battery may need replacing.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
The bike was ridden last Friday.

Good clean and tight connections. The charger was on for about four hours.

I do appreciate the suggestions, but it looks like the battery may need replacing.
i highly recomend an odyssey pc680 or pc680mj for your replacement, pc545 for you 1800 wing owners

1 - 10 of 10 Posts