Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thats right ups jut delivered my new tourmaster metro jacket and i've had it long enough to try it on and take a few pic's. my leather jacket isn't the greatest and its too warm for the rincon or saber jackets even with the liner removed. its too cold my joe rocket ballistic and phoenix jackets so i started looking at jackets late last friday. i was thinking about getting a tourmaster jett series 3 jacket in silver but being cheap i started searching the web and came accross this metro jacket for $76 and free shipping on amazon. i hope its a good mid- weight jacket for riding this time of year, yes its waterproof and has venting

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,000 Posts
Nice looking jacket Doc.

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Nice Doc. now it's time to start to put the miles of happen times with you and your new jacket.

·
Administrator
29,009 Posts
Certainly looks like Tourmaster quality. Review please when you get to try it.

·
Administrator
15,302 Posts
That looks pretty good. Let us know how it does.

Martena took my leather in for a new zipper and I was wishing I had it this morning. We are around 60 for the ride to work now. I know that doesn't sound cold to you, but I've gotten used to warm weather living down here for 30 years.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I was kind of thinking around the same lines. I have a great heavyweight leather, w liner that can be removed, but still to heavy for this time of year in the south. my wind breaker is just barely enough. would like something mid weight. let us know what ya think.

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the sleeves are cut long but size wise the jacket runs small, its a 2xl but fits more like an xl. there are two chest vents and two arm vents to let air in the jacket and an exit vent going across the back. mark it was 59f on the way in to work this morning and i was abit warm with the liner in the jacket. the jacket is also cut long so when you sit on tour bike it doesn't ride up above your waist. tourmaster says the jacket is waterproof but i'm in no hurry to test that feature. any questions

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i've been out riding areound town for about the last hour with the new metro jacket on. i wore a light weight fleece jacket and light weight sweat shirt underneath it. the temp was 41f when i left and 43f when i made it to the ups store. 10mph winds gussting to 22mph. i unsnapped the collar and zipped the jacket all the way up, collar doubles as a wind block. my speeds varied from 35 - 60 mph and the jacket was great at blocking wind and holding in heat. i could have been warmer ( maybe too warm ) if i had worn my tourmaster saber jacket ( first gen ) or my tourmaster rincon but this was a test for the metro

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
Looks and sounds like a great jacket. I might need to look into one.

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts