Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 GL1800 2003 Escapade trailer
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well fellas (and ladies)....

After 2 years of off and on research and taking advice from all of you....I finally got myself to purchase a Madstad windshield. Should be here this week.

I got the 16" light gray. I wanted medium gray but it's unavailable right now.

I'm going on a week long trip 7/17 so I wanted to install it and try it out before I leave. Anybody not happy with theirs? Any issues getting it adjusted the way you wanted it?

I wanted it to eliminate as much of the head buffeting as I can...seems like it will from all the reviews.

The next items on my list are a Russell Day Long seat and MAYBE a Henry's final drive. I have a 2006 model.

Thanks to everyone for all the tips and advice on this forum.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I went taller my first go with the Madstad, ended up preferring the 11" . Unless you are a "look through" person, the 11" should suit everyone just fine for buffeting reduction and wind management. Seems odd to say that compared to other shields, but its all you need. Be sure to try it out before taking the film off.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went taller my first go with the Madstad, ended up preferring the 11" . Unless you are a "look through" person, the 11" should suit everyone just fine for buffeting reduction and wind management. Seems odd to say that compared to other shields, but its all you need. Be sure to try it out before taking the film off.
Even the 16" I should be able to look over though I'm assuming?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Their website says 6'1" and above go with the 16". I'm 6'4" so I hope it works out. The stock shield is 20" from the fairing to the top of the windshield and I look over that. I doubt I'll have time to send it back and get a shorter one before I leave.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts