Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whoop Whoop!!! I did it! I changed my own oil! This time took about 45 minutes including clean up and as Johnny Bench use to say..."No Runs, No drips, No Errors".
Honda GN4 10W40
Honda filter and new crush washer.
Even used a torque wrench.

So if any of you guys come by wanting to ride, I will be too busy patting myself on the back:D

·
Registered
741 Posts
High five!

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Way to go.....!!!!

Now just wait until you have to do a air filter change or fork oil change......fun fun....

Got mine apart now and waiting on new brake line parts that are on back order.

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
Congrats 'Bama Boy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I trained ny 6 year old to change the oil. Takes hime 5 minutes. Then I wonder why my drain plug came out and I lost all my oil.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I trained ny 6 year old to change the oil. Takes hime 5 minutes.Then I wonder why my drain plug came out and I lost all my oil.
I hope to grow up to be just like your 6 year old;)

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be, congrats

·
Super Moderator
11,809 Posts
Oil changes aren't hard to do, just a pain in the butt! :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Congrats !

Whoop Whoop!!! I did it! I changed my own oil! This time took about 45 minutes including clean up and as Johnny Bench use to say..."No Runs, No drips, No Errors".
Honda GN4 10W40
Honda filter and new crush washer.
Even used a torque wrench.

So if any of you guys come by wanting to ride, I will be too busy patting myself on the back:D
Now you can do mine ! I don't mind helping you to perfect your technique and if i can do that by allowing you to change my oil then i am happy to help ! I wonder do you need practice in cleaning and waxing also ??? :D

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
You da man. Next comes the brake pads and that will be followed by fluid change. You are on the road to self- reliance.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Way to go, Now; You are an ALL Growed up Big Boy !!;)
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Sure saves money when you do things yourself, plus self gratification.And if you get stuck on something there is always the forum with people willing to help.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You da man. Next comes the brake pads and that will be followed by fluid change. You are on the road to self- reliance.
Easy now!!! My next move is to change that infamous "Dope" in the rear end.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now you can do mine ! I don't mind helping you to perfect your technique and if i can do that by allowing you to change my oil then i am happy to help ! I wonder do you need practice in cleaning and waxing also ??? :D
Bring on down here Benny!!! I am working to better my time....:D

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's a tough one. My method is to build you up slowly. The " Dope " in the rear end was going to be your final exam. You are going to need to purchase a special tool.
The Label said something about proctology:eek:....Ummm....Uh..I am speechless.

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
See, it was easy. Just think of the money you saved. Dealers charge a lot for something you can do yourself.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Now you can go around your house and kill the weeds with the used motor oil. When I really want to step it up and add some romantic ambience to my household, I make used motor oil floating candles. It really adds that industrial smokey aroma I'm so fond of. A couple of drops in the pond help control the mosquito population too. 101 uses for old oil. If you have a HD over, you can pour out a quick puddle underneath it to make it feel welcome. Ok, I admit, I came back from a BBQ and had a few too many Pabst Blue Ribbons. First time I ever had that beer. Wasn't bad at all.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Now you can go around your house and kill the weeds with the used motor oil. When I really want to step it up and add some romantic ambience to my household, I make used motor oil floating candles. It really adds that industrial smokey aroma I'm so fond of. A couple of drops in the pond help control the mosquito population too. 101 uses for old oil. If you have a HD over, you can pour out a quick puddle underneath it to make it feel welcome. Ok, I admit, I came back from a BBQ and had a few too many Pabst Blue Ribbons. First time I ever had that beer. Wasn't bad at all.
I will just take the old oil to Advance Auto Parts for proper disposal:) You can have my part of the PBR's. Its a little too skunky for me:eek:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts