Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even thought the weather was threatening today I finally loaded up the dear wife and took her for a ride on the Wing. Simply awesome really. Compared to the Honda 250 Reflex and the old 1971 BMW it was shear joy. It was though it was just me on the machine. Her helmet that I fit to her head didn't hurt her at all so far. First time she wasn't in pain. Cool! Hands down the Wing is the ride for a couple. She got off and commented that she was completely comfortable for the first time and how smooth a ride it was. So great we can be Wing Nuts now ! LOL. Glad to be part of this great group. -Doug & Vanessa. :D:D

·
Super Moderator
28,505 Posts
Good for you Doug & Vanessa. Enjoy the riding & be safe.

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
Way to go Vanessa and Doug. I know how you feel as it was only recently that we started riding together too. You're on a high; enjoy it. I bought a pull behind the bike motorcycle trailer recently for future touring with Deb. The stock saddlebags, trunk and luggage rack bag was adequate for a 3 day trip which we did recently. For longer trips we'll wag the trailer. I was so impressed with how easy the bike was to handle with a passenger. I'm still working on making my stops at red lights and stop signs and gas stations smoother. The thing I'm having to learn is to stay off the front brake while the bike is turning. Sometimes pulling into a gas station we're not running in a straight line but are usually turning in the parking lot to find a pump. Those low speed turns and use of front brake only can easily result in a drop or at least with the bike falling to one side which takes some fancy footwork to correct. Again congrats guys. Hopefully, the first of many more.

·
Premium Member
17,046 Posts
Way to go you two. Now let the Gold wing Adventures begin.
Having your Lady with you add a lot to the adventure.;)
Be safe, the N.W. Corner is only a few days away.:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Sounds like you had a great ride and a new riding partner. Ride safe..

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Glad you guys had a great ride....May there be many safe miles in your future

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
It's what life is all about... good for you and your gal

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts
did you have the new rotor covers on for vanessa's first ride

·
Banned
3,120 Posts
I bought an electric vest and a good Joe Rocket Coat for mine and put communications in her helmet. It made quite a bit of difference in her comfort level, but she still wrinkles her nose when I suggest we take the bike rather than the car.

You are a lucky man if she becomes an avid participant.

If it is more social than distance orientated I probably would have had better luck with mine. After our trip to Phoenix and back last year, she put a limit of 40 miles max and has stuck to her guns.

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
His before is the picture of the two of you on your last visit. The after is coming.... patience.
Ever see the before and after pics of past presidents? They go in fresh and come out worn. Perhaps ole Doug is going to come out fresher after getting his Wing and wearing that grin than he was in his past life.

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
]Rules is rules. Pony up. Maybe he was grinning so big Doc that he broke the camera. BTW, I've got an extra camera if you need one Doug.[/quote]
Okay Hounds right after supper I will do some front glamor shots in the garage. We just got back from a 5/20 mi ride. Knew I had to come back when the chatter on the intercom was non stop LOL Give me 45 minutes OK? :D Oh yeah added some gold to the old machine......... Wait!

Ok here is a quick shot of the new front with the gold trim

And the before shot.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Well your a step closer, the weather is turning in our favor and plenty of rides are in the future. Looks like the fellows in the Pacific NW will need some good new rain gear! God knows we had too much last year.

·
Premium Member
17,046 Posts
Well your a step closer, the weather is turning in our favor and plenty of rides are in the future. Looks like the fellows in the Pacific NW will need some good new rain gear! God knows we had too much last year.
Oh sure rub salt into the wounds:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
17,046 Posts
When I come this summer Ron I'll bring you guys some Texas :)sunshine.:)
AAaaah on that Texas Sun Shine, could you make it about 20 degrees or so less.:rolleyes::D
Looking forward to it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts