Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I transferred the title to my name today.

When my Harley riding friend told me he had a GW in his garage that he didn't ride any more I did the only thing a self respecting friend could do. I went to his house, made him open his garage, back it out, and show it to me. Turns out he custom ordered it in 2007 after he wrecked his 1500 while on a trip to Alaska (we live in Maryland). He had never advertised it because he loved the bike so much that the idea of selling it was killing him. After much oooh-ing and awww-ing (and a considerable amount of petting her and promising to be nice to her) he gave me a price. It wasn't cheap but how many mint condition, 10 year old GW's with less than 6000 miles on them was I likely to find?

So I went and talked to the finest woman God ever created and she said "I married you, I want you to be happy, if this makes you happy you should do it" (this from a woman who has NEVER riden on my current motorcycle that I have had for 10 years).

The mandatory title transfer inspection turned up dry rot in the tires and a swollen battery. The seller said "I told you this bike was in mint condition so I told them to put on a pair of top of the line Bridgestone tires and a new battery at my expense". That was a very classy move on his part and made me glad I didn't squabble on the price. The only other issue (which the seller is also fixing) is that the turn signal socket was corroded and the soonest they could promise a replacement part was two weeks.

So she may not be ready to ride for two weeks, but she belongs to me. And I'm the newest member of the GWRRA.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Hello and welcome from Michigan.

·
Super Moderator
27,604 Posts
Well then how's about an official Keystone Welcome to the GWOF from a northern neighbor.

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
Congrats, Point. Take care riding with that guy in Centerville. He'll get inside your head.

·
Super Moderator
27,604 Posts
Also Point if you are looking for some riding on Memorial Day weekend there are going to be a few of us up here in Pa. that will be riding to some Covered Bridges, including the aforementioned head worm.

;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
36 Posts
I transferred the title to my name today.

When my Harley riding friend told me he had a GW in his garage that he didn't ride any more I did the only thing a self respecting friend could do. I went to his house, made him open his garage, back it out, and show it to me. Turns out he custom ordered it in 2007 after he wrecked his 1500 while on a trip to Alaska (we live in Maryland). He had never advertised it because he loved the bike so much that the idea of selling it was killing him. After much oooh-ing and awww-ing (and a considerable amount of petting her and promising to be nice to her) he gave me a price. It wasn't cheap but how many mint condition, 10 year old GW's with less than 6000 miles on them was I likely to find?

So I went and talked to the finest woman God ever created and she said "I married you, I want you to be happy, if this makes you happy you should do it" (this from a woman who has NEVER riden on my current motorcycle that I have had for 10 years).

The mandatory title transfer inspection turned up dry rot in the tires and a swollen battery. The seller said "I told you this bike was in mint condition so I told them to put on a pair of top of the line Bridgestone tires and a new battery at my expense". That was a very classy move on his part and made me glad I didn't squabble on the price. The only other issue (which the seller is also fixing) is that the turn signal socket was corroded and the soonest they could promise a replacement part was two weeks.

So she may not be ready to ride for two weeks, but she belongs to me. And I'm the newest member of the GWRRA.

She's a keeper and the bike is, too!

·
Super Moderator
13,836 Posts
Welcome to you from Mississippi. I went to collage back in ancient times up at Michigan Tech and had a friend who lived in Manistique. Beautiful area.

I'm another one of those who will be at the PA Bridges Meet-N-Greet in May. WARWGN and I will be making our way to Frackville via Delaware.

·
Administrator
26,011 Posts
Welcome for sure. Looks like you already have a crew to ride with.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts