Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Lake Worth Florida (Palm Beach County) I am looking for some new friends for my wife and I to ride with. I could also use some advice on my new wing as far as where to buy parts when should I change the fluids I don't trust the owners manual on my St I changed the fluids the first time at 1k what about the St. the dealer claims 3k
but I am thinking thats a little long for the first fluid change.
I guess what I am asking for is I need to get my brain purged of the St info and filled up with GW info. So please pour it on I am like a 6'3" Sponge that is ready to learn. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
there is a gwrra chapteralmost everywhere thatyou can join. going by the owners manual for both my wings it calls for 8000 mile oil changes but by 5000 miles the shifting is getting notchy and the oil is looking funky so i change it every 5000 miles

·
Banned
3,204 Posts

Welcome to the forum from Seattle.

I highly recommend the GWRRA groups (Goldwing Road Riders Association) to find folks who ride wings in your area.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from lava-land, aka Texas.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Riding Group

I also ride a goldwing but I ride with Star Riding & Touring it was just for Star motorcycles but they let all kinds of bike in know.

They are a great bunch of people we do a lot of ride and the are all over the world.

Here is there web site check them out i bet you will like them Good luck which ever riding group you choose.

startouring.org

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
I just check the GWRRA Gold Book , in Lake Worth but there are 6 members.
There is a GWRRA Chapter meeting Monday evening 7:30 at
Floral Park Club House
3690 Cambridge Rd.
Lantana, Fl.
Phone Jack 561-439-5541, he can probably help you.
Stop by and meet the group.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just check the GWRRA Gold Book , in Lake Worth but there are 6 members.
There is a GWRRA Chapter meeting Monday evening 7:30 at
Floral Park Club House
3690 Cambridge Rd.
Lantana, Fl.
Phone Jack 561-439-5541, he can probably help you.
Stop by and meet the group.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron
Thanks Ron I will call them today.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Another group to check out is the GWTA www.gwta.org I belong to it and great bunch of folks also.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess I am not a group rider after all, I went to the GWRRA Chapter meeting Monday evening 7:30 at Floral Park Club House, and to my surprise out of close to 20 people that showed up only one member plus my self showed up on our bikes :confused:.
my wife and I have been to many "CLUB MEETINGS" and I have never seen such a poor showing of bikes. This doesn't take away from these fine folks I am sure they have rode their bikes much farther than I have
during events and such. I was just shocked to see only one bike when I showed up for the meeting.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
I guess I am not a group rider after all, I went to the GWRRA Chapter meeting Monday evening 7:30 at Floral Park Club House, and to my surprise out of close to 20 people that showed up only one member plus my self showed up on our bikes :confused:.
my wife and I have been to many "CLUB MEETINGS" and I have never seen such a poor showing of bikes. This doesn't take away from these fine folks I am sure they have rode their bikes much farther than I have
during events and such. I was just shocked to see only one bike when I showed up for the meeting.
Try different chapters in your area. There are 10 within easy riding distance of me and a few are like just what you described, however, there are some that have a powerhouse of riders. It all depends on how and who is recruiting new members. Weekend meetings are different than weekday ones too.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I hate to say this and it's not a put down to the GWRRA as I am a member, some chapters are more of a social club than a riding club. But as one other said keep shopping you'll find one that will make you happy.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Here is an example of a group that does ride. I just received an email from a chapter member regarding a ride to visit another chapter 100 miles away, then taking the long way home to ride around Mt. St. Helens. (200 mile detour) Email:

Chapter WA-X meets this coming Saturday in Vancouver, WA right off of I-205 and State Route 500. Their meeting time is 8 am.

Several Chapter WA-C Members are riding down Friday afternoon and spending the evening in a Motel. On Saturday, we will attend Chapter WA-X meeting then ride back north taking a right turn at Woodland for a ride through the town of Cougar and the "back side" of Mt Saint Helens.

Interested in going??

(I am attending this ride for sure to meet more of the GWRRA members.)

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I rode once with the MSTA just before my back surgery they let in all types of bikes so I will join thier group while I am looking for a larger group to ride with.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
More than one bike is a group, more than five is a crowd:D My nearest chapter of GWRRA is 100 miles away, get there once or twice a year due to other committments...bummer.:(

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
More than one bike is a group, more than five is a crowd
I always knew we had things in common Budoka. I couldn't agree more, 5 is about my limit & I sure don't need to belong to a chapter to boot.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
when I rode with the Harley owners group we were about 50 bikes so we had to split into separate groups to avoid problems the one thing that I disliked about it was the speed of the group was not consistent so it was on and off the gas. I find the ride more enjoyable when its just my wife and I.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts