Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sitting in traffic in a rush and thinking about the meeting I was not late for, I made the error. I decided to cut accross the turning lane and take a short cut. I didnt look but stopped just in time to get side swiped not T boned. I never hit the ground. The left engine guard is bent,highway peg is toast and baker wing under the mirror is toast. Left mirror is bent.
I bear all blame. I scared him worse than I was scared.
Gotta pay attention %100 of the time. I am glad I am not sending this from the hospital. I just gotta be without a bike for who knows how long and deal with ins company, all becuase I wasnt paying attention.
Others who have posted have made me think so that is why I am shareing. Dont worry I have kicked myself (thankfully with either leg) several times but will accept any and all other kicks....Ride Safe

·
Registered
85 Posts
Also one "Those that Have"

Glad you weren't hurt, a pretty close call for sure. If you were like me you will be beating yourself up for a while yet.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
A constant learning curve Ralph. It takes humility to tell on oneself, a most admirable quality and a precursor to learning our lessons. I'd say you learned your lesson well. Thanks for sharing as we learn both vicariously and through experience. Hopefully you've helped someone else avoid this experience.

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
Tough way to learn a lesson. I haven't been down yet and it's not on MY agenda. I'm 57 and have had enough injuries in life that I no longer seem to crave them! I keep Mae West's advice in mind: "Take it easy boys, you'll last longer."

·
Super Moderator
9,999 Posts
Glad your okay. Tupperware and metal can be replaced. People are a lot harder to fix.

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
even close call can be painful and costly but the most important piece of equiptment was unharmed

·
Administrator
29,005 Posts
Ralph thanks for sharing. It can happen all too quick. Glad that all is good with anatomy. It's the only thing that counts.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
I'm glad your okay....Wait a minute...Does this mean you aren't going to make the Robbinsville trip in May:(

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Glad you are ok. I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. The bike can get fix and you will be back. Eric

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you for all the condolences and thanks for not beating me up. My coworkers will have a field day.
The meeting went sorta ok. I was a bit distracted. We are attempting to go to 12 hour days and really I am not to sure I want that. 78 more days off a year and every other weekend off. Work no more than 3 days in a row (as opposed to 8 in a row now :( ) I am not real keen on change....
May trip is going to be up to the dealer and the insurance co and Honda. The dealer told me this morning that my insurance co was crappy (Dairy Land) so it remains to be seen. They seemed nice on the phone. I will keep ya posted....I really want/need to go!! I may have to rent a bike to go maybe even one of them thar Harley thingees?!?! :eek:

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Thank you for all the condolences and thanks for not beating me up. My coworkers will have a field day.
The meeting went sorta ok. I was a bit distracted. We are attempting to go to 12 hour days and really I am not to sure I want that. 78 more days off a year and every other weekend off. Work no more than 3 days in a row (as opposed to 8 in a row now :( ) I am not real keen on change....
May trip is going to be up to the dealer and the insurance co and Honda. The dealer told me this morning that my insurance co was crappy (Dairy Land) so it remains to be seen. They seemed nice on the phone. I will keep ya posted....I really want/need to go!! I may have to rent a bike to go maybe even one of them thar Harley thingees?!?! :eek:
Doc, may have a Hodaka 90 for rent.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Doc, may have a Hodaka 90 for rent.
That would be quiet an adventure but the wife not so much..LOL thanks

·
Premium Member
24,641 Posts
Well, that's one bullet dodged for sure. Doesn't sound like you should have too much to repair so as long as the parts are readily available it shouldn't take too long, hopefully.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Unfortunately when on 2 wheels we don't have the margin of error that cagers may. Glad you're ok.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Harley?

Glad to see that your sense of humor is intact :D Also glad to see that you're doing okay. Hope works out okay with the insurance folks, I use the Lizzard and have had good luck with both car and motorcycle.

What happened to you, I think, was what my ex-father-in-law would say was a failure "to give a double shoulder shot"...a CB term, again I think, meaning to look/clear behind you, both sides, for the fuzz before putting your peddle to the metal. :D

Best of Riding in the Future

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Certainly did NOT do the double or even single shoulder look.
I talked to the ins company today and dropped the bike off at the dealer. I told the dealer I will be in there everyday handing them tools, sweeping or washing their cars to get it done by 5/12....He smiled and said that will not be an issue dont worry....I have a rental agreement clause with the insurance. After talking to her about that here is what I got. "We use Enterprise and they dont rent motorcycles. If you do not have another vehicle we can rent you a car similar." I said a Civic or Accord would be similar but not the what I want. She then ask if I had other cars and I said not that you insure, so no. I told her I want the $45 a day so I can put it toward a rental if the bike is not ready or I expect my premium to go down....What a fumble junkle....:p Yall ride safe.....

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Wow glad your ok , sorry about your Wing

1 - 20 of 30 Posts