Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PMS - Parked Motorcycle Syndrom.
Wisconsin is getting blasted by a blizzard as I am here writting this. Expecting from 8-13" of that white stuff.
Only 4 months to go & counting!!!

Update: 12/9/2009
Busted my stones to get all the snow out of the driveway and I turn around to FINALLY go back in the house (you know what's comming up!) and the *&^%# snow plow driver slides on by at 30 MPH filling the driveway about 3' in and at least 12" high.

Yeah, I know it's not their fault their just doing their job - but the timming inhaled!

Didn't think I would need a Bobcat for the first winter's snow.

I guess I shouldn't complain too much my daughter lives in Janesville & they suffered with a lot of drifting plus the massive amounts of snow. They have been without power since 4:00 this morning and it still isn't on at 4:00 this afternoon. To top off everything else my son-in-law fell & broke his tail bone. Ain't that a P.I.T.A.?

Speaking of snow removal people don't forget to clean around the nearest fire hydrant & storm sewer to cover your own a$$ in case of a fire & it is being kind to your neighbors also. If you are in good health give your older neighbors a hand if they haven't gotten out there to do anything yet. Maybe you will get some hot cocoa with the little marshmellows & a cookie for your kindness.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Very funny, Snowhawk. My buddy was just over your way for the Packers game but haven't heard from him yet so I hope he got out before the storm. Incidentally, that same storm system will be in my area Thursday sometime. Right now its predicted to drop 10-15 cms....I guess thats 4-6 inches. Haven't officially put mine away yet as the weather fluctuates quite a bit over here. February is the only month I haven't gone for a ride. Go Packers !

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
we got about two inches of snow but it has changed to rain, all from the same storm system. last year i got my bike to in mid march and hope to do the same next year

·
Registered
24 Posts
weather

I hate it for you guys that can't ride year round. It is 70 degrees here in the part of Florida I am in and I plan to ride my wing to classes this morning. Of course we get quite a bit of rain here but I will sometimes ride in the rain. Hope your snow melts soon so that you can ride.

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
Another 6 in. this morning in NE. PA. Snow blower getting more miles on it than the bikes.:mad:

·
Registered
692 Posts
I hate it for you guys that can't ride year round. It is 70 degrees here in the part of Florida I am in and I plan to ride my wing to classes this morning. Of course we get quite a bit of rain here but I will sometimes ride in the rain. Hope your snow melts soon so that you can ride.
... HOWDY ... I FEEL YOU'RE PAIN ... HAPPY TRAILS ...

·
Registered
143 Posts
just put the snow tires on guys and girls. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Snow tires hell! I'm looking at the possibility of a ski on the front & studs on the rear. Of course parking might be a pain! Check the update on the first post.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Here in Western Washington we just don't get snow like you guys do, if it snows 2" in Seattle people go crazy. :O

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Wisconsin is getting blasted by a blizzard as I am here writting this. Expecting from 8-13" of that white stuff.

Busted my stones to get all the snow out of the driveway and I turn around to FINALLY go back in the house (you know what's comming up!) and the *&^%# snow plow driver slides on by at 30 MPH filling the driveway about 3' in and at least 12" high.

Yeah, I know it's not their fault their just doing their job - but the timming inhaled!

I guess I shouldn't complain too much my daughter lives in Janesville & they suffered with a lot of drifting plus the massive amounts of snow. They have been without power since 4:00 this morning and it still isn't on at 4:00 this afternoon. To top off everything else my son-in-law fell & broke his tail bone. Ain't that a P.I.T.A.?

Speaking of snow removal people don't forget to clean around the nearest fire hydrant & storm sewer to cover your own a$$ in case of a fire & it is being kind to your neighbors also. If you are in good health give your older neighbors a hand if they haven't gotten out there to do anything yet. Maybe you will get some hot cocoa with the little marshmellows & a cookie for your kindness.
Jeeze, I had my heart set on a February ride to Sheboygan.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yeah Snowhawk, I feel your pain - being up here in New Hampshire, we just received our second snow fall in three days. I have got to fill up the generator with fuel so that I am prepared for the next power outage. Last year I went FIVE days without elec. No water, no heat, no nothin, except blowing smoke from our mouths. So, I was one of the hordes of folks buying a new generator after that experience.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Charactor Building

These are the experiences that make us stronger. What doesn't kill you, just makes you stronger.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts