Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone:
Some guy almost tagged me in the rear end of my '09 Wing the other day, so I am interested in knowing if anyone has installed "Hyper Lites" on the rear of their G.W.

I had these on the back of my '05 ST1300 and they worked great. I am interested in installing them high on the bike (on the trunk somewhere), and not low on the licence plate bracket. I have heard that some riders have put them on the chrome bases of the antennas but the base of the antennas are on a downward pointing angle. I think they would be seen better if they were installed level so drivers approaching from the rear can see them better.
If anyone has some info please let me know. I have spoken to Cycle Gadets and they do not have any recommendations.

Thanks - Ride Safe - Eagle

·
Registered
34 Posts
if you want to be seen when you stop i wired whelen tir3 lights one on each side under my tour pack when you apply the brakes no one will tail gate you or come close to you check them out @strobes n more .com

·
Super Moderator
9,873 Posts
I'm not familiar with "hyper lites" but I know some guys have installed a flashing light in their rear spoiler. It flashes when you first apply the brakes and then goes to a regular brake light when you come to a stop. Don't know if that would interest you. Glad you were not hurt. Ride safe..

·
Registered
447 Posts
I think lights are quality safety investments on a Wing. But a few states have made the Flashing then solid brakelights illegal believe it or not. Arkansas has a bill proposed right now to join those ranks. Makes NO sense to me, and I would love to hear their logic to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts