Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Great Pics Tobo....Thats a legendary peace of pavement.

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Nice pics, but the road looks a little narrow for my tastes.

·
Banned
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice pics, but the road looks a little narrow for my tastes.
Narrow? It is that. Lets not forget the Sudden drop off, I'm not a big fan of this either. But ... I just had to do it ...

Of course there are other road hazards...

There is a reason to take blind corners with caution ...

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Gorgeous! But you show us that when I was out in the snow last week?:eek::(

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
Only been on it once and that was in a cage. Would love to do again on two wheels.. Thanks for the pics..

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
nice to finally see part of hwy 1. a close friend use to live in cali and talked about riding his old kz650 up and down it

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Absolutely a beautiful ride. Great photos. Brings back memories. I rode the coast from Seattle to San Luis Obispo before turning E to Yosemite a couple of years ago, and like you, my wife did all the picture taking. Good to know it's still as awesome as it was then. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Tobo,

Nice pix, Griffith Observatory is in southern CA down by Santa Monica; the pix were taken around there? I live in Northern CA so my rides can take me up through Half Moon Bay up to San Francisco and the Marin Headlands or down to Monterey and Carmel. Hwy 1 is one of our favorite roads to ride.

Here is a photo at San Gregorio Market just outside San Gregorio Beach along Hwy 1 and 84. And one of my Connie in the Marin Headlands.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Wow, beautiful road! Another one for the list...

Thanks,
Kerry

·
Banned
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tobo,

Nice pix, Griffith Observatory is in southern CA down by Santa Monica; the pix were taken around there? I live in Northern CA so my rides can take me up through Half Moon Bay up to San Francisco and the Marin Headlands or down to Monterey and Carmel. Hwy 1 is one of our favorite roads to ride.

Here is a photo at San Gregorio Market just outside San Gregorio Beach along Hwy 1 and 84. And one of my Connie in the Marin Headlands.
Yeah ... it's a little over 20 miles east of Santa Monica. Although the night time view is best ... the traffic dictated we went there during the day time. It is packed and not much parking. They do have MC parking though. It is to the (your) right of the security tent...

This a new thing. Nobody without a handicap sticker/plate gets passed that tent. Seems there has been some real fights brake out over parking. That is what the security guard is for. And no one parks in front of the place - even for a few pictures.

You wouldn't believe how I got the picture of my bike parked where it is. :D

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just returned from that ride 2 weeks ago and its at the top of my list now for very cool rides. I also jumped over to hwy 33 northeast of santa monica and that was an awsome ride. it was the dragon tail on steroids and no traffic.

·
Banned
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Photoshop????:p
Would that it be that simple. The short story ... After getting through the gate (can't tell) I had 3 minutes to get pictures. As I took the picture I posted, the Curator had picked that time to show up for his shift and proceeded to chew my ass for being there. Small price to pay. We rode a long way to get that shot.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
I've only rode hwy 1 in CA once, however, I've rode hwy 101 from Eureka, CA to Astoria, Ore about a dozen times, never get tired of the ride. I'n my opinion it is one of the most scenic rides in America. Now grant it I've haven't rode all the hwys that America has to offer, but the PNW part of the country has some awesome rides.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.