Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 1200 goldwings are rated at 10 more hp (appx) than 1100 goldwings, at least from what I see. Is that possible with only 12.5% more cubes?
I am looking to buy a 1200.
Thanks,
Bill

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Welcome Bill to GWOF.

google history of goldwing and saunders. you will find an incredible and easy to compare listing of goldwings.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
hello bill and welcome to GWOF. with the mild cams that goldwings have it wouldn't take much to get 10 hp

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1100 vs 1200 vs 1500

At this point, money being a main consideration, what is everyone's opinion on these 3 bikes. I am probably going to be limited to a 1200. Are there any major considerations in having a 1200? Should I wait until I have enough for a 1500? What's the opinion on these?
Thanks,
Bill

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
I don't know how much you want to spend but you might find that parts for 1200 and back are getting harder to find.

There are those here tho that are happy with them. If this is your limit, find a good one.

Right now is a great time to buy as bikes aren't moving. I would suggest you start out looking at 1500s and make some offers. Sellers are painfully aware that cash offers are rare. If you are in a climate where riding is now limited, you have 3 or 4 months to find one before the prices go back up.

If not, go get the best 1200 you can find and enjoy. BTW, if you are not aware, find searchtempest.com and it will make looking for bikes within a radius much easier for you.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome to the site billts. I like many others had many many miles of enjoyment on my 1200. There is a stator issue with them, but it's very fixable if a little costly and labour intensive. I'd personally opt for the 1500 if it's in the budget as they are more advanced and quite superior IMHO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts