Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks, back in a Goldwing after a long hiatus with a Kawi Concours.
I'm hailing from Vancouver Island BC

Cheers Bob

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bob, from the Keystone state and congrats on your new Wing. What year is your Wing? Enjoy the site. Lots of nice folks on here with good information. Ride safe..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks , I have an '85 SE, has about 50,000 miles on it, and everything still works like a charm. I've owned an '82, and an'85 before, then went to a '99 Concours.
Cheers Bob.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF nessy357

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Welcome to the group. Post a picture of your bike if you can.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome, I'm gonna like it here.

This is all I have right now.

Anyone want a good deal on a Connie :D ?

Cheers Bob

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Very nice, looks like it had good care from the previous owner

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome to the site nessy357. Nice SE;is that the 14 Connie?

·
Super Moderator
11,809 Posts
Hi neighbor, welcome to the forum. That's a very good looking SE.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Welcome nessy357. My son has a Ninja now but loves the Concours 14. Only problem is he is unemployed at the moment. I think he is a future Winger.

BTW, how did you like the Kawi Concours? They do look rather sharp-don't they?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the warm welcome, I emigrated here from Ontario in 1980, the plan is, a return visit next summer. Love the Concourse, but can't do the long days on her, arthritic joints etc.
Cheers Bob

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I had a similar issue with my ST1300, 'cept it was 'ticketitis'. Arthur never bothers me when I ride, only when I stop LOL. What part of the Island are you located?

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Know it well, very pretty spot. Almost got wiped out between there and Longbeach some years back by some drunken kids in a Camaro. Not my fondest memory of the trip, but one of the most vivid. Still got them honkin big banana slugs out there?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm embarrased to say I've never ridden to the Coast from here :eek:
and have no excuse to offer.
Lots of those big slugs this year until it got hot and dry.
Cheers Bob

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Actually it's a great ride. Just remember to take a good chunk of your life savings if you plan on shopping or having lunch in Uclulet, Tofino, or that quaint restaurant right at Longbeach. Those places like taking credit cards and bursting them into flames.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome nessy357. My son has a Ninja now but loves the Concours 14. Only problem is he is unemployed at the moment. I think he is a future Winger.

BTW, how did you like the Kawi Concours? They do look rather sharp-don't they?
I really like the way it handles and runs, no complaints there, I miss my radio, gear indicator,The GW has a more comforatable riding position for me. I put handle bar risers, Michelin GT's , holeshot mufflers :D:D, but didn't enjoy long runs, so grabbed the 85 when it came up for sale, hard to believe but my neighbour 2 doors down has an 85 LTD Sei also.
Cheers Bob

1 - 20 of 21 Posts