Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking for a while and thought it was time to poke my head out from under my rock and say Hi.

Picked up my blue '12 level 3 a couple of weeks ago, almost got 2k on it so far and we're loving it!
I've been riding for 30+ years and currently also have a '06 Moto Guzzi Breva 1100. While I plan on always having a Guzzi in the garage, we decided it would be nice to have something that did the 2up and longer trips more comfortably.

Looking forward to learning all I can about the Wing and I'm sure I'll have lots of questions coming soon.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Welcome Sly. Where is Moses Lake?

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome Sly. Where is Moses Lake?
Eastern Washington State, just East of the middle. In the desert in the Evergreen State, no trees just sagebrush and sand and about 8" of rain a year.

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
Welcome on Sly to the GWOF from the Keystone

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from Alabama

·
Administrator
15,312 Posts
Welcome from Mississippi. That's a beautiful area of the country. A few years ago I was on a wildfire between Conconully and Winthrop. There may not be many trees where you are but you don't have to go far to get into the mountains. US 2 from Michigan to Washington is on my bucket list.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
hello sly, welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome from Mississippi. That's a beautiful area of the country. A few years ago I was on a wildfire between Conconully and Winthrop. There may not be many trees where you are but you don't have to go far to get into the mountains. US 2 from Michigan to Washington is on my bucket list.
We rode up to Winthrop last week. Once you get out of the straight roads around Moses Lake it's a very nice ride.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Not far from Yakima I see, wife has kin in that area. Been through there some years back, pretty amazing how the land changes as you get away from the interior.

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
welcome to GWOF from Maryland

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa and congrats on your new Wing. Rid safe...

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Thinking about putting together a meet and Greet for washington forum members any any other that can make it, hopefully before it get to cold on the passes. Watch the forum for a notice.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thinking about putting together a meet and Greet for washington forum members any any other that can make it, hopefully before it get to cold on the passes. Watch the forum for a notice.
Sounds like a great idea. We went over the pass last Saturday, got down to 42 deg. I have a above freezing rule. Don't mind the cold, just don't like frozen stuff on the road.

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
Congratulations on your new Wing and welcome to the GWOF! Glad to hear you're already having plenty of fun!

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome, and enjoy your Wing.

·
Premium Member
6,721 Posts
Hello & welcome from VA.

Mark

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.