Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice site. This is my first posting on this site but I am very active on others.

I am in the process of buying another new Goldwing, a 2012 and I know a lot has changed since I bought my last new one, a 1997 Aspencade, so I will need to read all I can, ask a few questions and interface with you folks.

I have been riding since 1962, when at 15 1/2 I got my motorcycle endorsement and have been riding all types and makes of bikes from the flagship touring yachts, to big bad cruisers, to sportbikes, to superbikes, to UJM's, to track bikes (Dirt), to many maxi-scooters, to trials bikes, etc etc. Right at 70 bikes total.

Currently I have a 2008 Suzuki C109R 1800cc Cruiser, a 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125cc scooter and an almost new 2010 Honda NT700.

I have toured all over the U.S. of A. alone and with my wife and others and have attended many rallies too.

I was born in Southern California but moved to SW Missouri in 1999, where I operate a high tech computer and IT business and an Agri-Farm too.

Happily married for 40 years, with Kids and Grandkids.

Hopelessly addicted to motorcycles with no cure in sight!

I do ALL of my own bike work and maintenance and enjoy it!!

I look forward to participating.

Sam:)

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on getting a 2012 Wing.
Ask all the questions you want the members here are very helpful and knowledgeable.
Post a pic when you can, we like those too.

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
9,997 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Congrats on your new wing. Ride safe and enjoy the forum...

·
Premium Member
6,715 Posts
Howdy & congrats from VA! Pull up a chair & set a while.....Pic's are a must!

Mark

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Hello and welcome to GWOF from Maryland

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Howdy Gandalf....Love the name....Welcome GWOF

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Welcome Gandalf, and let us see that new scoot when you get it home.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF

I feel a little intimidated and inferior to you just reading how long you have been riding and all of the different bikes that you have had.:eek:

I bow to you sir!!:cool:

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
hello gandalf, welcome to GWOF and hopefully soon you'll have a new wing to show us

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome to the fourm Sam. Good luck with your new Wing.

·
Administrator
29,004 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF. Enjoy

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hi and welcome to our forum, make your self at home pour a cup of coffee, and perhaps post some pictures of your current and previous cycles.
I look forward to read what you have to share.

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF, Gandalf!

From what I've gathered from long term riders, including those with multi-model Wing experience, the newer 1800s are another level of riding, especially with the lowered center of gravity, let alone the power. Funny, though, nobody has offered to let me try their scoot!:mad::eek::D

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Welcome Gandalf. There's lots of well seasoned Wing riders here so ask all you want, somebody will know the answers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.