Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just dropping in to introduce myself.

Been riding on two wheels for over 45 years, and recently got my first "touring" bike, when I became the owner of a 50K '96 GL1500A.

Have been getting it, and my camping gear ready for an upcoming 4-6 week summer ride/camping trip...;)

Looking forward to leaning more about this wonderful machine...:)

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Welcome aboard from Down Under. I will be in you back yard in 2012. We have about 10 books on the erea and will be trying to see as much as posiable. Eric

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
All the best to you ob1jeeper from Canada. Enjoy your new ride, and ride experiance from a GW.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Northwest of the PHX area. Sorry, but don't recognize the bridge, however in spring, many areas of the lower deserts look very similar.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa and congrats on your new Wing. Ride safe and think of us who are in the middle of a deep freeze.

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
Northwest of the PHX area. Sorry, but don't recognize the bridge, however in spring, many areas of the lower deserts look very similar.
Welcome to the site jeeper, NW of Phoenix looks like a great area. Come April the Little lady & I will be out your way to check the areas out for retirement. Chopin114 comes out that time of year as well. Again Welcome, Good people here.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello ob1jeeper, welcome to GWOF

·
Registered
455 Posts
Welcome fellow biker!!! Wow, Arizona, offers just about any type of riding one's little heart can stand. :)

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Spent lots of time riding in Arizona when my folks were snowbirds down there (Mesa). Scraped a fair bit of metal on the road down from Prescott back to Phoenix. Not as much ground clearance on HD's as most other bikes:rolleyes: Would love to have the Wing there. Welcome along

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Welcome from the Tar Heel state :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanx for the warm welcomes... I do indeed feel blessed to live here in AZ, where I'm close to good riding areas...

Am planning a LONG summer trip with a long-time friend from Michigan, starting in Ouray, CO area in early July. We're a couple of single retired old farts, who will be camping and occasionally motel-ling it.

Other than the start date and meeting location, we have no set itinerary or schedule. Just a list of places we want to see and roads we want to ride. Am looking forward to it... Should be fun...:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts