Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,467 Posts
Hi fellow GWOF Members!

detdrbuzzard has suggested that I introduce myself in this thread of the forum. I don't know how much y'all want to know, but I'll give it a shot.

Just bought a 1986 Aspencade and a 1982-3 1100 Goldwing. I've owned and ridden motorcycles for about 40 years, about every make and model. I sold a Suzuki GS850GL this past summer, completely disassembled. When I had taken it all apart, I realized that even if a great job was done at the machine shop and in my shop, I simply wouldn't have the bike worth all that effort and expense. So I sold it for $400 (I bought it 20 years ago for $500.)

I happened to be telling an acquaintance that I felt naked without a motorcycle and he told me to call his friend who had these two bikes. My son and I checked them out and agreed to buy them. While I used to love wrenching on bikes, I don't dig it that much anymore, but have a friend/partner on these who has owned Goldwings for over 20 years and his part of the deal is the minor mechanical work necessary to tweek the Aspencade to condition (sorry, Ladies, but it's such a good description!) and then we'll check out the 1100 Goldwing and cure its problem(s.) We're not too worried as we're into both bikes for a total of $1,800. My net goal is simple, to be able to prove indisputably to my wife of 30 years that we/I own a fine 1986 Honda Goldwing Aspencade in "***" condition for exactly the $400 I sold the Suzuki for, or better.

I have wanted a Goldwing for a long time. It is excellent to own one finally and to join this group of fellow owners. We'll certainly see each other on the road and I hope to visit some events over the next year.

Best Wishes,
Tatanka (Bull Buffalo in the Lakota (Sioux) language)

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF Tatanka. We do have a good place here, with loads of productive discussion & just the right amount of nonsense. You should get along just fine in the site because we all share the joy of the Wing & the fun of riding.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF....from Alabama

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Thank you for a fine intro. Welcome to GWOF from Down Under. We are getting quite a few 1200 wings on this forum. Bring on the ride reports. Eric

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Congrats on your new Wings and welcome to the GWOF from Pennsylvania. Ride safe and enjoy the site....

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Welcome to the site......

·
Premium Member
8,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the welcome.

Well this is cool! Hearing from friendly folks all over the country!

Tatanka

"We are the unwilling,
Led by the unqualified,
To do the unnecessary,
For the ungrateful."
(Author Unknown)

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello tatanka, welcome to GWOF ... again :)

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Welcome and 11, 15, 1800, makes no difference. The ride is fantastic and each and every bike has its personality which you will love. Welcome to the forum and have fun. Thats what life is all about. :D

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Welcome and good luck on your new ride.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Maryland

·
Super Moderator
11,809 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Ask any questions and you'll get answers, maybe smart-alec ones, but answers! :D

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from down is sunny, beautiful, Texas. (rode today...it was 65 degrees with no wind and not a cloud in the sky!) Can't beat Texas in the winter.

·
Premium Member
8,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks, LarryinSeattle!
My sister and brother-in-law live in Everett and ride a Valk.
I, too, am a friend of Bill's.
Hope to see you on the road!
Tatanka/Kevin

1 - 20 of 23 Posts