Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for having me!! Just re-entered the Goldwing world after numerous years of being 'bikeless', which is almost as bad as being homeless. I would post some pics of my mint 1981 Interstate "Old Wing" but I am being technically challenged by the site-it appears I can't download from my Iphone. Probably user error. See you all around!

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Welcome to the forum and welcome back onto 2 wheels. Ride safe and enjoy the site. Nice folks and good info on here...

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Welcome from Vermont! Awesome guys and gals here!!!!

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome aboard oldwing.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Down Under. I love to see old bikes on the road.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Right back at you Sweet. Great place for the young and the young at heart.
What did you do with Howdy Doody? I liked that pic.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Thanks Bud.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Speaking of Howdy Doody

It was either late 1973 or early 1974 and I had just come out of a restaurant in San Miguel, El Salvador when I saw the most beautiful sight. I did not know what it was exactly when I saw it or did not comphrend when the rider told me it was a pre-release Goldwing 1000 motorcycle. I had a fascination with bikes, but this was absolutely beautiful.

While talking with the rider I introduced myself and he said Robert Smith. I smiled and said hello, Then he said his name was Bob Smith, Again I smiled. He finally said, "Maybe you have known me as Buffalo Bob Smith." And he was. I grew up watching Howdy Doody almost every day.

We talked for about 30 more minutes and he rode on. Back in the 70's it was possible to ride through Mexico and live to tell.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome to GWOF SweetOldWing. If you have pics on your i-phone, send them to your e-mail and save them on your 'puter and then you can upload them here in the gallery or on your profile page. Looking forward to seeing your bike!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts