Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started riding last year on a little 1985 Honda Rebel 250cc. Yesterday I made a deal for a 1980 Honda Goldwing Interstate 1100. The bike is running (owner currently rides it) and sounds/feels great (I test road it for about 30 minutes). Everything looks good on it and he has maintenance and ownership history, seems like a good fellow who just loves bikes. We shook hands but the horn isn't working (we tested the horn itself and it works so it seems to be the button) so he is fixing that and, once it is done, will be bringing the bike to my house to make the transaction. I am super-pumped! I am going to be using this bike for commuting on the freeway everyday to school and for some long trips I hope! :)

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
Welcome from Down Under .The wing will not go around the corners as quick but will get to them quicker.There is nothing like planning a trip and then getting out there and doing it.That is where the big bikes shine. I look forward to hearing about your mfirst trip.Eric

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Welcome to GWOF

We too, understand your enthusiam.

Good luck and like Eric said, keep us informed on your first trip.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Welcome from the Tar Heel state :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I have the bike and went to bring the windshield down a bit before taking her for our first ride (aside from the test ride) but then not all the bolts wanted to go back in! The left mirror bolts just don't catch on anything in the holes, as if they are too small/the holes have no thread. What I don't get it how they were holding on until I took them out then?

Thoughts? Advice? It sucks that I can't ride it now because of these two bolts/holes for the mirror/windshield assembly!

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania and congrats on your new Wing. Glad you found us. There are a number of folks on the board from Canada. Ride safe and enjoy the forum..

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
hello palmpalm and welcome to GWOF and congrats on the purchase of your new wing

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Hiya from Alberta palmpalm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts