Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 Tour, been looking all over the net trying to find the small print showing what the new bike 3 year warranty covers and what would void it. But all I find is ad's to buy the Honda extended warranty. I want to make sure that any of the accessories I add won't void it.

Anyone know where to get the complete written warranty or know first hand what can or has voided a warranty?

·
Premium Member
6,024 Posts
No accessories can void your warranty, as long as it doesn’t affect the programming.

now saying that, any accessory that has to be removed to do a repair under warranty will be charged appropriately for the amount of time it takes to remove and reinstall to do the warranty work.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
No accessories can void your warranty, as long as it doesn’t affect the programming. WRONG

Add a heal toe shifter and take the bike in for tranny problems and see how fast Honda will void the warranty. They can even do it of you add a trailer hitch,.

·
Administrator
26,137 Posts
Engine and exhaust modifications will certainly void a factory warranty. Just a bit of friendly advice, don't do anything that gives the manufacturer reasonable cause to cut you short.

·
Registered
48 Posts
No accessories can void your warranty, as long as it doesn’t affect the programming. WRONG

Add a heal toe shifter and take the bike in for tranny problems and see how fast Honda will void the warranty. They can even do it of you add a trailer hitch,.
It doesn't VOID the warranty - it will just not cover THAT repair. Had a dealer claim I had a heel toe shifter installed on my 2004 back in 2005 when there was a slew of bent forks causing trans problems. The dealer stated Honda would not let him repair the bike (yea, right!). Well, I found a dealer who would repair it and when they attempted to submit the claim - the other dealer's "statement" was on the record and the area rep would not even meet with me, meet with the new dealer, or investigate if there were more fork claims! I didn't have any problem with other issues after that. The new dealer thought they had ruined my shield and that was replaced under warranty and I had the left saddlebag release replaced several times. Found an independent Wing Mechanic and he said it was just an adjustment - have never had a problem with the left saddlebag since (14 years now).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts