Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at a point where I am trying to fire up my '84 GL1200 restoration project. I replaced all of the fuel lines and the in-line filter. The starter is very strong and turns the engine over very quickly. It is getting spark to the plugs but is not getting fuel to the engine.

There is plenty of fuel in the tank, light suction on clear tubing will easily draw nice clean fuel out of the petcock but I find no fuel in the new clear plastic filter or signs that it is going through the fuel pump.

This is leading me to believe that either the fuel pump or the fuel pump relay is not working properly.

Is there a way to test each of these to see if they are working properly?
Secondly, is the fuel pump repairable if I find it is bad?

Thanks,

Harkgold:confused:

·
Super Moderator
7,668 Posts
You can test the relay with a 9 volt battery to see/hear if it clicks.

Testing the fuel pump for operation.
With the relay out of the coupler, use a jumper wire between the white wire and the black wire in the coupler. Disconnect the fuel pump outlet @ the three way joint, catch the fuel in a container, turn the key on for about 5 seconds and then off, measure the quantity of fuel delivered and times it by 12 for the delivery rate. 84-86 500cc or 16.9 oz per minute is the spec.

·
Registered
1 Posts
question Honda Goldwing 1200 - 84 .Since my fuel pump burns every few days I checked the voltage on the pump and saw that the voltage was 3.5 volts.

is that the normal voltage ? if not can you please advice?
Many thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts