Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there are more ways to tell Aspencades apart from Interstates. Here are the things I have noticed, Aspencades have built in armrests on the back, digital clusters, and the badges are different on the rear trunk and the side bags.

The reason I'm asking is I may have found one and the title says interstate, Upon further inspection it has the built in armrests and the triangular speakers on the back. There is only one side pic and the letters are too small to tell what they say on the side bags.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
The Aspencade has cruise control and trunk mirror, and the lower cowl (oil filter cover as Honda called it) and side vents seen on the SE-i were now fitted to the Aspencade. Colour-matched riders footpeg accents with a nice chrome trim were also fitted to the Aspencade this year.
That bike looks like an Interstate. It has passenger PEGS, not boards, the trunk speakers and arm rests looks like they were taken from an SEi and added to it, if it doesn't have cruise control it is an Interstate.

·
Premium Member
24,530 Posts
What Joe said about the pegs. I put the rear peakers and the armrests from the SE on my '84i, along with the "Goldwing" trunk tail/brake light. The Aspy trunk light ('85 and up I think) said "Aspencade". Air compressor as well on the Aspy. The LTD and SE were injected all the others were carbed. Interstates also did not come with a sound system at all, and no cruise; any that had Interstate badging and sound systems were accessory installs. Easiest way to tell though is the Interstate came with the standard 'clock' instrumentation instead of the LCD panel.

·
Super Moderator
12,286 Posts
It's an Interstate.

·
Super Moderator
15,177 Posts
look on the right side of the fairing for the suspension control where all aspencades have it interstates do not

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.