Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to install a J&M CB radio and can't get the lever off. I took it off a couple of weeks ago but it removed the shaft and disc with the cables on it. Had to take it to a shop to get it put back on.
The J&B installation says to removed the bolt in the center and remove the lever but again it will not come off without bringing everything with it.
Do I remove the screw that holds the spring on?
Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
GD,
Suggest you go to your user cp and complete your signature with the year and bike ex.. 99 SE. That way, when you post a question, others will know which bike you have. I will get your questions answered quicker and you won't have to remember each time to post that same info over and over.

88-2000
Typically, the rubber boot slides off and exposes a bolt. On removal of the bolt, pull the lever towards you to get it off the shaft. Sounds like something else was going on internally before.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
personal cp

First off, I don't know where to go for the personal cp. When I click on what I thought would take me there I got to this post. Little help please.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
update cp

Spoke too soon. I found something that filled in info but it left off some also. What gives.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Spoke too soon. I found something that filled in info but it left off some also. What gives.
Go to:

User CP
Edit Signature (down on the left)
Add or change information in box
Scroll down until you see the "Save" box
click on "save"

:eek:

·
Premium Member
23,764 Posts
Another way of adding your bike info is to tag it along with your " location " information. You have done that, so just add your bike info to it ( note my location info ). An avatar picture of your bike can help to a limited degree also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts