Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there guys, thanks for any help you can provide. So a very close family friend has asked me to sell his two goldwings. I've tried to look on kbb.com and craigslist to try to price them but wasn't really sure what was fair. On kbb.com it doesn't ask for the miles on the bike, so i'm not sure if it's going off the average amount of miles of that year motorcycle or what. I was hoping i could get some insight on what people in the goldwing communities would think is fair. Also, is it a bad time to be selling it now?

The first bike he has is a 2008 GL18B i think (on the title it says GL1800) but the bike has airbags so i think it's the GL18B. The bike is silver and is fully loaded with Premium Audio, Heated Grips and Seat, GPS, ABS, and airbag with 2,957 miles.

The second one is a 2007 GL18B in blue which is also fully loaded with all the same features as the 2008 with 8,970 miles.

Both bikes were purchased brand new and have only had one owner and have never been dropped or in any type of accidents. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Tom

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
A lot of the sale price depends on some other things also. Time of year you are selling, and where the bike is located is an important factor. In the spring or summer you can get more because in some parts of the country people are not interested in riding in the winter. But to get back to the bikes I would say the 08 air bag is worth about $18,500 to $19,000 and the 07 is worth about $17,000, do either one have a CB or added accessories? That makes a big difference in value also. How fast you want to sell the bikes will be important in your asking price, you can start higher and always come down. There are several great sites for selling them. www.craigslist.com
http://gl1800riders.com/forums/forums.php
Or you can run an ad in cycletrader, cycletrader will cost you but the first 2 won't.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would say that joe's suggested price is about rite assuming there are no added accesories like CB that would add value. Not sure if this helps but this might give you an idea of what the market is bringing. 2 weeks ago I bought a new 2008 w/Nav for 18,800. The models you are selling both have ABS and airbags so I think Joe's suggested prices are a good starting point.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi there guys, i don't think either of the two bikes have a cb. One of them is located in Pismo Beach, CA and the other one is in Las Vegas, NV. I was thinking of having them transported to where i'm at in San Francisco. I figured there would be more interested people here then out there. Thanks a lot for your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts