Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm a new member to Goldwing fourm and I just purchased a 2004 goldwing. I have a couple questions if you can help.

1. How do you get the goldwing to go into reverse?

2. Where is the oil dip stick and battery?

3. While riding at 60mph, two round circles appear i the dash, what does that mean?

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
There is a "REV" button on the handlebar. With the engine idling in neutral, engage the REV button (reverse indicator will illuminate on the dash) and push the start button to back up. Push and release the REV button and you're back in neutral. The dipstick in behind the right side cover (as if you were sitting on the bike) and the battery is behind the left side cover. Not sure about the circles on the dash though, unless it is the OD signifying you are in top gear (overdrive).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello all,

I'm a new member to Goldwing fourm and I just purchased a 2004 goldwing. I have a couple questions if you can help.

1. How do you get the goldwing to go into reverse?

2. Where is the oil dip stick and battery?

3. While riding at 60mph, two round circles appear i the dash, what does that mean?
1) With engine running, place transmission in neutral. push in the RVS switch. you should see a "R" indicator illuminate in the dash. push the starter switch,,,,,,,away you go. Release the Starter switch to stop. Push in on the RVS Switch and observe the R indicator extinguishes. you are now ready to use the transmission or park,,whatever.

2) The Oil Dipstick is behind the Big Chrome Cover beside the right side foot peg.
The Battery is behind the left (painted) Sidecover and Saddlebag scuff protector. The covers are retained with rubber groments. Be careful with the Chrome engine covers, as they have a blade style fastener on the front and the cover has to angle out at the rear, then slid back.

3) I suspect that 60 mph is erroneous. I think what you are actually seeing is the letters "OD". Which stands for overdrive. 5th Gear.
Congrats on the Wing...AWESOME Bike. Stay Safe.

·
Super Moderator
9,868 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. Looks like you have your questions answered. Ride safe..

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome from Puyallup, WA "ride on"

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts
Does this also work on 1996 goldwing ? If not please tell me how to do it .

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
santini1953, If you're talking about reverse your answer is no. If your 1500 is equipped with reverse (it was an option on Aspencade model) you'll have a lever on left side below fuel tank tupperware but above engine. You need to put bike in neutral pull lever up 90* & then everything else is the same as 1800 after stopping make sure you push lever back down firmly.

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts
Reverse on 1500

Thank's ! I guess i wasn't smart enough to start the engine . I bought the bike and the guy told me how , but didn't actually show me . I didn't remember that i was supposed to start the engine. I have one other problem you may be able to help with . How do you program your favorite stations into the radio ( step by step ) Please !
Benny

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
How do you program your favorite stations into the radio ( step by step ) Please !
Benny I must confess I don't really know I haven't programmed any stations I just hit the scan button to find one that I like.:eek:

However here's a site where you can download an owners manual. I assume you didn't get one with the bike.

http://www.goldwingworld.com/pages/Downloads.htm

·
Registered
143 Posts
radio presets

just find the station you want and press and hold the ch button. :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
you will have 6 presets on each fm and am

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
just find the station you want and press and hold the ch button.
Thanks Linden, Now I know too. You been on vacation or what?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Been real busy and then got Bronchitis that lasted for 4 weeks. It was 68 here yesterday so my nephew and I went out for a great ride in the cascades. (no snow where we went just sun) Are you getting excited about your trip? :)

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Are you getting excited about your trip?
Oh Yeah! Had the little lady out yesterday went about 200 miles. I had her wear her Heated jacket & gloves to try them out, they worked great. Now when we're going through the Rockies she'll be all set. I got her pants & socks as well, she'll be heated from head to toe. Neither one of us can wait til June.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Welcome to the forum stinky; I don't want to worry you,but, check on the frame at the steering head & look at the vin#....there should be an "X" stamped at the end of the number. There was a recall on some frames that were cracking, I think it was for '03~'04's.

The X indicates that it has been checked & repaired as necessary. If there isn't one you should contact your nearest dealer & have them run your vin#...that will tell you for sure if it was involved in the campain.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The first time I tried to remove and replace those side covers, it was an sob gettin em off and back on. It helped me alot to give those rubber gromets they seat into a squirt of silicone or WD, makes it easier on both you and the side covers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts