Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in this politically correct EPA honored world of ours--how do I dispose of the old/dirty gas that I will be flushing out of my tank? About four gallons of it. The bike has been sitting over six years. The new gas that I will be flushing through the fuel system is something I can filter and burn in the old '66 Mustang--that sucker burns anything. Especially the rear tires:eek:

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
There should be some hazard material recycling places that will accept the gas. We have a number of stations here in Pa that accept used oil and some that accept gas. It will probably cost something, but better for the environment. Check the phone book or look online. Good luck..

·
Registered
6 Posts
well not that its epa approved but i prefer the Joe Dirt Method with involves a 5 gallon pale and a roman candle. other wise you could ask ur local auto shop what to do with it some placed will take it with waste oil because its still a petroleum product, others wont, some will take it for free others wont. it will depend on the area

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
The new gas that I will be flushing through the fuel system is something I can filter and burn in the old '66 Mustang--that sucker burns anything. Especially the rear tires:eek:

:D:D

I hear you, I have several of the old vehicles myself! Can't you take the old gas and dump it in the gulf? I'm sure nobody would notice! :mad::mad:

·
Registered
263 Posts
You got to love these do-good government types who want to regulate our cars, lawnmowers etc. while they fly from speaking engagement to speaking engagement for lots of doe-ray-me, in their fancy Leer jets and Gulf Streams. And they talk down to us for having too big of a foot print in our 2-3 thousand square foot house while they live in multiple dwellings and substantially much bigger ones at that.

Then, they want to move this boat to that state to avoid paying extra doe-ray-me, the ones they are all for making us pay, while they figure out how to not pay their taxes on their estates by living in this one over here (in California) for four months and claim to live in this state (Florida) for eight months. Just so happens, almost by coincidence, that they don't have to pay the higher Ca. taxes. It's sick and getting sicker by the day!!!

I woudn't worry too much about a few gallons of dirty fuel these days. Not when we have situations like the Gulf, as one forum member accuratley puts it - where if one would believe their government, I don't, that 75% of all of that oil is GONE.

Wow, they must really think we are all stupid or something. I think we will give them a lesson in civics this upcoming November at the ballot box. VOTE THE BUMBS OUT!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Unless it smells really stale or has a lot of water, dirt or rust in it, I'd just put a gallon or so at a time in the almost full tank of my daily driver and burn it off.

Respectfully,

Jim

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
You got to love these do-good government types who want to regulate our cars, lawnmowers etc. while they fly from speaking engagement to speaking engagement for lots of doe-ray-me, in their fancy Leer jets and Gulf Streams. And they talk down to us for having too big of a foot print in our 2-3 thousand square foot house while they live in multiple dwellings and substantially much bigger ones at that.

Then, they want to move this boat to that state to avoid paying extra doe-ray-me, the ones they are all for making us pay, while they figure out how to not pay their taxes on their estates by living in this one over here (in California) for four months and claim to live in this state (Florida) for eight months. Just so happens, almost by coincidence, that they don't have to pay the higher Ca. taxes. It's sick and getting sicker by the day!!!

I woudn't worry too much about a few gallons of dirty fuel these days. Not when we have situations like the Gulf, as one forum member accuratley puts it - where if one would believe their government, I don't, that 75% of all of that oil is GONE.

Wow, they must really think we are all stupid or something. I think we will give them a lesson in civics this upcoming November at the ballot box. VOTE THE BUMBS OUT!!!
And how does that answers his question on how to get ride of gas?

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Don't know about Florida, but up here, any service shop has a recycle program for the oil, fuel and solvents. Any one of them should be fine with taking a few gallons of worn out dino juice. Might not even charge you for it (although I wouldn't bank on that one).

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Rudy, if you have a yellow jacket or hornet nest under a deck or such, leave the gas and the pail uncovered directly below the nest (a couple feet away is perfect) and all them little devils will end up taking a permanent bath in the stuff. Of course then you not only have the gas to get rid of, but the dead wasps too. A controlled burn works, but ya gotta watch out for the green police:cool:

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Old gas

If I had some, I would poura little in any gopher hole, a cup here a cup there, yelow jackets deserve this also. I have a 6 foot pack rat nest a ways away from my house. Dumping it there will evaporate it nicely before if hits the ground. If I could get a burn permit (cant) I would use the gas to get rid of the pack rat nest.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was expecting about 4 gallons of nasty/dirty/sticky cude oil - after it sat for 6+ years. What I found was 2 gallons of very clean gasoline looking stuff - absolutely no dirt-film-clouds-water...nothing. So it went into the t-bird (22 gallon) tank.

Thanks for the ideas though.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Hey that's a good thing, using it for what it was intended. Imagine that!

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
Tractor Supply Company in my area takes waste products from motor vehicles.
You may also bring it on 'Amnesty Day' if your community holds one at their recycling facility or to your local recycling facility if they take automotive fluids. Be smart don't throw it into drainage or on the ground. People shouldn't post stupid ideas encouraging bad behavior and polluting our water supply. Harming wildlife, damaging our eco system is not very good and responsible individuals look out for their community and nature. Shame on anyone who suggests harming nature. BP is enough of a problem for the Gulf Coast States and I don't buy from BP.

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
Throwing waste motor oil, gasoline, photographic chemicals, paint, paint remover and etc on the ground, in the local draining system, or down the utility sink in your garage is a no-no. Encourging bad behavior of putting it on bees is harming nature, if you have a bee problem call a professional. I never thought I'd see the day on this forum when people would suggest an idea to ruin the environment. BP was no help, but do we as individuals have to add to it?
86GW1200 you live in Florida and so do I contact the county and ask where you can bring spent chemicals and they'll give you a correct answer.

·
Registered
263 Posts
EVERWHERE I GO... ITS ALL THAT PC CRAP

FREE SPEECH!!! DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN OR CAN'T SAY

STOP TRYING TO REGULATE ANYONE'S SPEECH, HERE OR ANYWHERE

THERE...I said it...IT'S WHAT I BELIEVE...LIVE WITH IT - U2 CA. JOE

·
Super Moderator
28,433 Posts
Breathe K Breathe.

I do have to admit that I agree about P.C. It is really getting tiring to try to keep up with who's feelings I might hurt.

You know funny thing about that from our trip out west. Here in the east everyone is all about saying "Native American". You get to N.M.,AZ., MT., WY, & S.D. to name a few and you say "Indians" & everyone is OK with it. Seems like You & I may need to move Commander.

I think we have had enough discussion about old gas disposal. I usually just pass it.:D

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
I happen to be Italian and American Indian (Blackfoot Nation); my father was Italian and my mother American Indian, anybody have a problem with that. It's not a joke, it's my family history. I can make a joke out of my heritage by saying this and everyone gets a laugh when I say it, "I'll scalp you, and then stuff you in the trunk of a Cadillac".

1 - 20 of 26 Posts