Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I hit rather hard bumps I get loud banging noises that seem to come from the dash/windshield area. I tried to grab the top of the windshield and shake it but cannot dipulcate the noise. I don't have a clue as to where to start looking. I'm wondering if the levers holding the windscreen tight might need tighting.The noise is rather irritating. Thanks for any suggestions. Carl

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Okay, Carl, we are going to need some additional information.

Is it 1 bang for every bump or multiple bangs for every bump?

Do the bangs sound like rattles?

Does the windscreen move when you pull or push on it.

Are the levers that you move when you adjust the windscreen locked down?

Are the grills over the speakers loose or the speakers themselves?

Have you checked the tupperware, the rotor covers and the front fender to see if they are loose?

Ok, I'm done. Good luck.... If all else fails turn up the radio....

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi Carl, I've noticed the same thing with mine. I tell myself it's the junk in the left storage compartment, then turn the tunes up ! If you discover something, let us know. Cheers.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How to discribe a noise resolved!

Note this applies to '95 Aspy. This fixed 3/4 of my noise problem.
As I replaced the fairings in the front after replacing the timing belts I noticed that the backside lower corners of the radiator grill shroud had little round tabs that locked into a hole in the fairing front lower covers. I don't remember connecting these before. It was not easy to do; I had to remove the fairing front lower covers latch them then proceed. There must be an easier way! I hope this helps those that asked for my solution to my noise problem. Carl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts