Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how old were you when you learned to ride a motorcycle/ minicycle and what bike was it

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think 1955 and on a Harley Hummer--Harley 2-Stroke--I think a 175cc or 125cc. Boy that has been a long time ago. Next was a BSA Gold Star 500cc, and hooked me for life.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
I was a late bloomer. 29 years old on a Yamaha TX500.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know some of you started on mini bikes too

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Minibiking started at the ripe old age of 11. Older brothers put me on their Yamaha 175 Enduro at 13 ran around the PA Moutains & it was "GAME ON" I was hooked.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I rode my first motorized two wheeler in 1965, I was the ripe old age of 8. It was a fire-engine red and antique white Allstate scooter. Not a step through design; it actually had a fuel tank, auto clutch and I think about 50 cc. Had the wierdest left handlebar 3 speed shifter ever. Manufactured by Puch, Austria and marketed by Sears. It actually belonged to my brother, and my cousin had one that was a twin to it. Ours (ok my bro's) ran perfectly, the cuz's was a p.o.s. haha

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
My first was a 250 Bultaco. Kinda an Enduro type thing as I recall. That was about age fourteen. After that a 90cc Hodaka. I was at Ft Gordon in Georgia and there was a guy who rented them out on weekends to the gi's in training. He ran this from a booth in the bus station and his shop was a couple of blocks away. Did a little Lambretta riding while in Nam in 68 thru 70. That mostly involved "borrowing" the things from there drivers and tooling around the block in Pleiku. Afer that various Hondas and Kawasakis. Finally a brand new 1200 aspencade in 1986. After a few years absence a 1500 se 1990 vintage and now my 08 1800.

·
Registered
201 Posts
1966 on a Honda 125,I was 22 and on leave from the Navy,bought the bike just for fun.
Wanted one in Highschool,but Mom & Dad said "Too Dangerous Sonnyboy" Guess I showed them huh,Ha Ha.
Mom's now 88 and always asking where I've been riding lately,she loves my bike and calls it my "Heritage Motorcycle" (85 LTD) times change, I'm 65 but still a "Dangerous Sonnyboy" I guess LOL.

(Good Topic Detdrbuzzard-William) :)

Robert

·
Registered
212 Posts
how old were you when you learned to ride a motorcycle/ minicycle and what bike was it
Buzzard, I see by reading all the posts the age all the guys and gals started to ride.But what age are they now / How many years been ridding ? But maybe a lot will not tell us there age !!
WA9FWT Phil

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was knee high to a fat grasshopper, 12 years old. My first bike was a Suzuki TS 120. From there, I got a Honda 250XL, a Yamaha 400DT, Honda 750 Shadow, Kaw ZX7, Kaw ZX-9, Suzuki GSXR 1100, 3 different Yamaha R1's, and now at the tender age of 41, I have a Honda Silverwing Scooter which I love.

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
But what age are they now / How many years been ridding ? But maybe a lot will not tell us there age !!
WA9FWT Phil
Let me be the 1st. 52 & counting / 41 & counting off & on.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Age ?? Who's counting. It's how you feel. I'm sixty two and usually feel like 52 except while riding. That's when I feel like 22. (If I can remember that far back)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Back in 1964, I just turned 16, been looking at bikes for years and could finally buy one...my first...1952 BSA 500 single. That old BSA offered me an opportunity to try my hand at mechanics, and it ran pretty darn good concidering, and I had a blast. Bought a few more BSA's after that, then migrated to BMW and finally Honda. Here I am at 61, still ridin, and still haven a blast.

·
Registered
212 Posts
So far I see six have posted there age. It averages out to a good age of 57. That tells us the older riders know how to relax on a GW. WA9FWT Phil

·
Registered
143 Posts
1963 on a 305 Honda Dream

1 - 20 of 111 Posts