Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how old were you when you learned to ride a motorcycle/ minicycle and what bike was it

·
Super Moderator
10,053 Posts
I was a late bloomer. 29 years old on a Yamaha TX500.

·
Super Moderator
15,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know some of you started on mini bikes too

·
Administrator
29,080 Posts
Minibiking started at the ripe old age of 11. Older brothers put me on their Yamaha 175 Enduro at 13 ran around the PA Moutains & it was "GAME ON" I was hooked.

·
Premium Member
24,515 Posts
I rode my first motorized two wheeler in 1965, I was the ripe old age of 8. It was a fire-engine red and antique white Allstate scooter. Not a step through design; it actually had a fuel tank, auto clutch and I think about 50 cc. Had the wierdest left handlebar 3 speed shifter ever. Manufactured by Puch, Austria and marketed by Sears. It actually belonged to my brother, and my cousin had one that was a twin to it. Ours (ok my bro's) ran perfectly, the cuz's was a p.o.s. haha

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
My first was a 250 Bultaco. Kinda an Enduro type thing as I recall. That was about age fourteen. After that a 90cc Hodaka. I was at Ft Gordon in Georgia and there was a guy who rented them out on weekends to the gi's in training. He ran this from a booth in the bus station and his shop was a couple of blocks away. Did a little Lambretta riding while in Nam in 68 thru 70. That mostly involved "borrowing" the things from there drivers and tooling around the block in Pleiku. Afer that various Hondas and Kawasakis. Finally a brand new 1200 aspencade in 1986. After a few years absence a 1500 se 1990 vintage and now my 08 1800.

·
Registered
160 Posts
1966 on a Honda 125,I was 22 and on leave from the Navy,bought the bike just for fun.
Wanted one in Highschool,but Mom & Dad said "Too Dangerous Sonnyboy" Guess I showed them huh,Ha Ha.
Mom's now 88 and always asking where I've been riding lately,she loves my bike and calls it my "Heritage Motorcycle" (85 LTD) times change, I'm 65 but still a "Dangerous Sonnyboy" I guess LOL.

(Good Topic Detdrbuzzard-William) :)

Robert

·
Registered
92 Posts
I was knee high to a fat grasshopper, 12 years old. My first bike was a Suzuki TS 120. From there, I got a Honda 250XL, a Yamaha 400DT, Honda 750 Shadow, Kaw ZX7, Kaw ZX-9, Suzuki GSXR 1100, 3 different Yamaha R1's, and now at the tender age of 41, I have a Honda Silverwing Scooter which I love.

·
Administrator
29,080 Posts
But what age are they now / How many years been ridding ? But maybe a lot will not tell us there age !!
WA9FWT Phil
Let me be the 1st. 52 & counting / 41 & counting off & on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Way back..

1968 at 22 on a Vespa 150. Quick graduation to a 1954 BSA B-31 350 cc & never looked back. Oh & yeah, in India back then we didn't have any formal 'training'. You swa, you liked, you rode...sorta!

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
At age 20, in 1970 bought my first bike, a 500 Triumph and had never driven or sat on a bike before. My first ride was interesting. Let out the clutch and slide to back of bike - give me a hell of a scare and let of the gas and almost went over the handle bars - on to the gas again and almost did my first wheely. Got my permit the end of the week and drove my bike home to Cape Breton. When I drove into town I drove up and down the street twice to show off my bike and ran out of gas and had to push it to the gas station. Never knew about the reserve.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well I started riding in 1955 and I am 68 yrs old. Have been riding off and on thru the yrs, raced enduro's and trails until I was 42 and wish I could do it all again. Have alot of friends still riding in their 70's, it sure is better than laying on the couch watching TV.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.