Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Which of the following age groups were you when you got your 1st GW

• Less than 30 yrs old for your first GW ?

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Less than 40 yrs old for your first GW ?

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Less than 50 yrs old for your first GW ?

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • Less than 60 yrs old for your first GW?

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • More than 60 and proud of it!

Votes: 7 14.9%
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
June 14, 2008 and I was 55. After 30 yrs. of not riding I had to have it and the money became available just when I found it online at the dealer's website. Looked at it for a couple weeks and made the plunge and haven't looked back. Best decision I made that year!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Twas somewhere around 22 or 23. Drove to St. George, UT and picked one out. Got the documentation I needed to apply for the loan, which my bank approved. Went to pick up the check and all they needed was an insurance binder so off to the insurance company I went. Friggin' insurance was more per month than the bike payment so I returned to the bank, signed the back of the check and handed it back to them :(

Thirty years later... I discover that I can now afford the insurance so at the age of 51, I bought my second Goldwing. :)

Now, I've got 30 years of ridin' to catch up on!
Since we're getting specific, I rode mine home on October 9, 2009.

·
Registered
82 Posts
What age grouping were you in when you bought your first Goldwing?

Less than 30

Less than 40

Less than 50

Less than 60

More and proud !
Just purchased our first one this month...
I am 44

·
Super Moderator
7,606 Posts
I purchased my present 1993 GL-1500A in November 2005 when I was 49 and I turned 50in December. I earned the 'Seat of Honor' as I called it when I reached the 'half century' mark and earned the 'Honor' of owning and riding a Goldwing.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Less than 60.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I will jump in on this one...... good subject

I met my first goldwing when I was in my 30s, it was my little brother's 84 Aspy, fell in love with it while giving all of my future step daughters and wife rides on it.

I bought my first goldwing when I was in my 40s......... had to wait for the stepdaughters to all graduate before I had the extra $ to buy one

Reactions: Luv2fish

·
Registered
305 Posts
I was 53 yrs old...................(I purchased a brand new 2002) and at 62 I traded it in, and I purchased a 2010 (brand new) I have since triked out my 2010 (60,000(ish) miles on her now...

Ronnie

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I was 32 when I got my first 1500 wing. Aug of "89".

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Bought my first Goldwing in 82 (if my memory serves me right) it was a 78 GL1000 with Vetter fairing. That would have made me 32 years old.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bought my ‘84 1200A new on about my 33rd birthday. Made a deal on an Interstate, but after talking with my boss at work, went back and the dealer switched it to an Aspencade that they had in a crate.

Still have it and a 2010 that I got in September, 2009, the first week that they were released.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts