Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm not a Goldwing owner, but I have a question for all those who are, I have found that the amount I ride a bike is directly proportional to how much fun I have while I'm on it. For instance, I owned a Honda Shadow until I traded it for a Suzuki SV650 about a week ago. I generally rode the Honda about once a week on average, but since I've gotten the Zuke I've ridden it every single day, it's just that much more fun. So, my question for you guys is, how often do you ride your Wing?

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
well for sure a sport bike of sorts or a standard for that matter is fun on a short run , Wings are full blown touring bikes and most ride them as such and not short hops. I ride mostly every weekend 300 miles or so and from time to time to work , but my car gets better gas milage then the bike so it's pleasure only now. Some day I will purchase a new V Strom for just kicking around.

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
I ride EVERY day.....as long as there isn't ice on the road. Be hard pressed to ride more than i do.

·
Super Moderator
12,272 Posts
Generally only ride on my days off. I work graveyard shifts and don't like letting a bike sit in the parking lot overnight.

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
I ride EVERY day.....as long as there isn't ice on the road. Be hard pressed to ride more than i do.
Oh you know it big guy:D, I myself will ride untill they through salt down or like my good looking friend from the south said ICE I hate ICE.:eek:

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
I ride as often as I can including communting to work. Until the weather dictates otherwise anyway. Wing is still operable as yet, but the weather's not exactly what you'd call biking stuff anymore. I average about 10k (kms) annually, not as much as I used to that's for sure.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I ride everyday. I own two bikes; a Concours 14 for commuting and the Wing for two up weekend rides. I sometimes commute with the Wing during the week to change it up or when the wife wants to go out to dinner. We don't usually have to contend with ice here in the SF bay area so riding is year round.

=LJ=

·
Banned
103 Posts
I ride all year round, most days. Except on ice or snow. If I am going somewhere, I'll be on the GW. Unless We're getting something that won't fit on it.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
i ride almost every day, my ride to work is only 4.5 miles going the looong way

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
I average about 10,000 miles a riding season. What is my riding season you ask ? Generally from March through at least mid- November. Mostly weekend rides.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Get Out of Town -

Hey David, The only real deterrent we have to riding here in Texas is the mid-summer heat. During the early spring and late fall many of us also enjoy a “get out of town” ride by taking a week or two road trip toward the Rocky Mountains or to the Smoky’s.

I try to get my bike out for a run just about every day. One of my favorite local rides takes a couple of hours and keeps me well off the main roads. Just this afternoon as I headed home and leaned into a familiar 50 mph banking curve, I hit about a 4 foot swath of fine sand. Some [email protected]#$ dump truck must have spilled some of his load because it has never been there before. Luckily I didn’t wreck but I had to stand it almost straight up and feather the brakes almost into the grass to keep from dumping it over. You just can’t take even a well known road for granted. Yikes :p

Michael

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
I ride every chance I get. The wife will send me to town to get something for her and as long as I can fit it in a saddle bag, trunk, or strap it on the wing, I will ride to get it. Course it takes me longer when I am on the wing to go to Wal-Mart and back. Seams the one mile ride to the store and back turns into 15- 20 miles.....LOL. (You can see Walmart from my house...LOL)

·
Registered
245 Posts
I ride everyday to and from work. It's 28 miles one way. Saturdays and Sundays, the wife says that her half of the bike better be moving. Since she doesn't drive a bike, I am on my half, too..:)

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I ride to work every day. About 25 miles each way. On the weekends I ride it wherever I need to go unless its raining.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just got my Wing a few weeks ago, and I have ridden it every day possible. Unfortunately, the heavy rain has set in here on the N. California Coast, so not sure how much riding I will get in over the next several months. I saw two motorcyclists on 101 today in a heavy downpour. They had to pull off to the side of the highway. My guess is they couldn't see where they were going!

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
In short not near enough. I have a company car so I dont ride to work. I have ridden in zero degree and over 100 degree. I prefer to keep her in the garage when the road is full of salt....

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
I ride to work almost every day , 40 miles one way

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
I average about 10,000 miles a riding season. What is my riding season you ask ? Generally from March through at least mid- November. Mostly weekend rides.
my riding season has been from mid- march until mid- december, between 10,000 - 15,000 miles

·
Registered
363 Posts
I don't ride nearly as much as I'd like to. But that will change next year when I'm finally retired.

I'd bring my trike to work every day (weather permitting) but being that I work at a school, I'm concerned that some of the kids might fool with it while it's parked. (They greater majority of the kids here are great. Its those few rotten apples I'm worried about!)

·
Premium Member
6,724 Posts
I ride everyday as well, I'm averaging about 15,000 miles a year. Rain or shine. NO snow or ice though!

Mark

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.