Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Honda support older Goldwings (1500/1100) with detailed information online? If so where?

Once a used Gold Wing is bought, for someone that is willing to try some preventitive maintenance ( but not all), what reference material would you suggest purchasing? Is the original owners manual enought to change oil/filter, air filter, grease needed bearings/shafts, top off any coolant, remove gas tank to access inside parts, replace lamps bulbs, adjust cables, top off brake fluid, visual inspections and removal of plastic body pieces.

I'm trying to determine how much money I should hold in reserve for hardcopy info. and inspection by a professional Honda mechanic.

Dan

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The owners manual if you can find one, will show you how to do the basics, you might be able to find a shop manual on line or on e-bay.

·
Super Moderator
9,846 Posts
For most maint items you can get a lot of info from the owners manual. If you get into removal of tupperware and more complex care, like Joe said, you need a shop manual. Clymer makes manuals for the Wing, but the best are from Honda. More expensive, but you can find some used ones on craigslist or eBay.

Me.... I just need to know the phone number of my dealer or AAA.. LOL..

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Just bought a 1500 a couple months ago. I bought a clymer or haynes manual online as it was what I gound first. I then found a service manual on ebay in almost new condition for $35.00, included electrical shems and troubleshooting guide. I didn't see any others that cheap but even $100 is worth the info. If you can only afford one, definitely get the service manual. I recommend both. Other manual isn't much help but once in a while gives a better pic.

You can also find micro fish of all the tupperware and location. I use hondapartsnation.com

You can definitely do the maintainence yourself with one of these. If you get deeper into it. Buy a camera and mark stuff as you go. If you get to tearing into it, by the time you turn around it looks like a flea market behind you.

Good luck and enjoy

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
As Joe mentioned, online sources or e-bay are the most economical, especially if you go for a Clymer shop manual. Any Honda dealer can get you shop manual information online for any model of GL. Not sure how far back either owners or shop manuals can be had for purchase though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts