Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All,
Sold my 05 wing a couple years ago but wanting to get another. My local dealer has both abs and non abs wings, with nav, these are leftover 08s and are new. They're knocking $2k off the price but from my thought that's not enough for a two year old bike.

I did do a search here but couldn't find anything, but if someone has a link I'd be glad to see it.

Presently I've got an 04 aprilia tuono and 10 ducati streetfighter, both will be staying, but I'd like a bike I can do longer trips than my ape, about 8hrs is as much as I can ride the ape in one day.

Thanks for any helps or tips,

AND if anyone knows of dealers selling at better prices I'd be willing to travel
Chris

·
Registered
6 Posts
Chris,
I bought my '06 Wing new from Los Angeles Honda OTD Cyclesports and saved over $2500 vs the best price offered in Salt Lake City. Try them at 800-261-8397. Also in Denver and Oakland. A very satisfied customer!
BS

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks BS!!

Chris

Chris,
I bought my '06 Wing new from Los Angeles Honda OTD Cyclesports and saved over $2500 vs the best price offered in Salt Lake City. Try them at 800-261-8397. Also in Denver and Oakland. A very satisfied customer!
BS

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just bought a leftover 2008 with nav. The dealer has $2250 in hold back. Cost to dealer including hold back is $17,800. That price plus freight and sales tax is a zero dollar deal to the dealer. So go from there.

Also, they have 4.99% financing on the '08.

Good luck.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
flaw- is that with ABS?

Chris

I just bought a leftover 2008 with nav. The dealer has $2250 in hold back. Cost to dealer including hold back is $17,800. That price plus freight and sales tax is a zero dollar deal to the dealer. So go from there.

Also, they have 4.99% financing on the '08.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Bull: Northern Virginia ( west of Washington D.C. ) 08 ( Red ) no ABS $19500. 09 (silver ) comfort package $19000. Abs, add $1,000.00. 08 ( Pearl White ), comfort and NAVI, $21,500. Trade -ins of smaller model bikes not worth your ride on them to the dealer. My wife wanted a " Whitewing " and one came up on Craig's List locally for $18,000. 9,800 miles on her,( No ABS) Comfort and NAVI, no chrome doo-dads, IPod hook-up, good tires. I jumped on it because she wanted the color and I wanted the bike. Of course it cost an extra $570.00 when I registered it the same state I bought it in. S.O.B. the original owner just paid the tax at the dealer in February. DMV got a bonus check!!!!!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, perhaps I can go back to my dealer and see about getting his price down a bit

Chris

·
Registered
174 Posts
I bought a left over 08 in September, a retirement present to me. It has everything but the air bag. Huntington Beach Honda, Huntington Beach CA gave it to me for 21,999.00 + Tax, Lic, etc.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Bought my 08 in August 09. comfort,nav,prem. sound. Advertised price from Sunrise Honda......$18,500.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Good prices on 08's/09's

The wife and I just got (Dec 23rd) a great price on a new 08 with airbag from "Hometown Honda" in Marietta, Oh. We're in Louisville, Ky - it was well worth the distance. They may have more 08's, but I know they have a bunch of new 09's in stock - base models I think...we wanted ABS, so to get it we had to take the airbag...not that that's aproblem though.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Last September, I was looking seriously at a leftover Red 08 Navi (no ABS) at Jorgenson's in Richfield, UT (http://www.jhsport.com/). I wound up buying a (barely) used White 08 Navi with only 350 miles on it from a private party in Salt Lake City so I wouldn't have to shell out another $1700+ in sales tax when I registered it in Nevada. I love this bike!

In September, Jorgenson's said if I didn't buy it, they would probably have it throughout the winter. I know it's a long way from Georgia but they may be hungry enough to make you a good deal if he still has it. Utah to Georgia... That would be a nice break-in ride :D

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Check out pricing on eBay. You can get a pretty good idea on what they are going for. Look for an 08 with 0 miles and find the lowest price. That's what you should target. Should be somewhere in the $16-$17k range. Good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bought my Red 08 new with Nav and Comfort package in October 09 for 18,900 plus TTT from Sunrise Honda in Sercey Arkansas. Can't stand the salesman because of a some excessive labor charges to add some snap on chrome, but the price was right.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts