Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Engine side covers, rotor covers, vent trim to name some.
An example of too much chrome, see below

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well my 95 GL1500 Goldwing has chrome engine covers, cabie covers, chrome side covers, chrome towbar and ball, chrome trunk rack, chrome front and rear crash bars and the chrome trim around the front fender has been replaced and thats it anymore would make it look like a cheap harley davidson copy...

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Check with Wing Stuff , they might be selling Chrome mainlining kit out the back door.:eek:
It's everybody's personal taste and choice. Me I like Chrome, some don't. Either way it doesn't make you a bad person.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
I would like to have chrome valve covers, but then I thought it is just one more thing to have to remove. Chrome rims would be practical.

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Greetings from PA. realpilot.

I really don't know much about this Chrome stuff you talk about.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think there can be too much chrome on the Wing... mine anyway. I chose to only chrome out the bottom... and side covers... none above the engine and side covers.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Here's a pic of mine. I am toying with the thought of getting chromed out wheels.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome realpilot. Chrome is a personal taste thing, to some any is gaudy...others can't get enough. Just remember beauty is skin deep; ugly goes clean to the bone (frame);)

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I like chrome, not to much, just enough to set it off, same with pin stripping, suttle, just make it different than all the other ones out there.
Her is my 08 withe some crome

·
Super Moderator
11,804 Posts
I don't mind chrome, if it is in good condition. I don't like any in the cockpit area. I have a chrome switch pack on the front brake reservoir and I hate it when the sun hits it.

That was a nice looking bike Joe. Remind me again, why did you replace it?

·
Registered
515 Posts
The beauty of chrome is in the eye of the beholder, and the owner. The chrome I put on has to compliment my machine, functionality makes it even better. I want the bike noticed not the chrome, I agree with joe, make it your own.

·
Registered
87 Posts
What no Chrome ride off center stand :eek:
Think it's supposed to compliment the hideous black tires and seat!
Annnd...whats up with the non, fully chromed CB antenna???
:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts