Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer told me that you should always check your suspension air while the bike is on the center stand. He told me that he usually sets it at 25 to 30 pounds. What do you all set yours at

·
Super Moderator
15,118 Posts
when i had the stock rear suspension i was running 42psi but my left shock was bad and i compensated by running more pressure in the right shock ( it's the only air shock on a 1500 wing ) but now i have the progressive air shocks on and run them at 25psi

·
Super Moderator
28,525 Posts
Riding solo ran around 40-45/2 up 50-54 depending how much luggage we were hauling.

A couple things though #1 having driven formula cars I always like a Stiff suspension #2 I would suggest you try several different settings til your happy & #3 it's indicated to have the bike on the center stand to make the adjustments.

·
Super Moderator
28,525 Posts
A man of many talents. Cool stuff Bill. When was this?
Last drove in 2006. Did it as a team member for 12 years(still actually am ready to go) & as a driver for 6 years.

PM Sent w/pics.

Sorry for the HiJack B.D. but Dan started it.:rolleyes:;)

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problem fossil! That is awesome! I would be interested in seeing some pics also. I used to race dirt cars, but thats nothing compared to what you drove.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts