Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many watts can GL1500 se Front oem speaker handle when new?

Same for Rear speaker for the GL1500se ?

Radio output for GL1500se '98 is ?

Thank You, Dan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't know for a fact, but I would guess no more than 30 watts. I was just wondering the same thing about my 1800. Looked in the manual and no info on that question.

I am almost positive that if you can look at the back of the speaker, it is stamped on it.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
It will be on the label on the back of the speaker magnet. I believe the early 1500's had 25w speakers and then the later models were upped to 30w or 35w but not sure what model year. Speakers should be 4 ohms as well I think.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It will be on the label on the back of the speaker magnet. I believe the early 1500's had 25w speakers and then the later models were upped to 30w or 35w but not sure what model year. Speakers should be 4 ohms as well I think.
That sounds about right. I do know that most of these systems are starving for power, hence the distortion as you turn them up. It wouldn't hurt to have a 50W amp pushing these 35 W speakers. Just be careful and be sensible. As long as it sounds good and clear, they are fine.

A system too low in power hurts the speakers more than a system with a tad too much power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts