Discussion Starter #1
2015 model..original tires...
19000 kms on it..
How much more can I push it??

Thank you in advance...

·
Registered
908 Posts
For my peace of mind I would replace it, it is nearing the wear bars plus the age. Remember the cost of a tire is a lot less than the cost of a hospital. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2015 Goldwing F6B 40th Ed
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For my peace of mind I would replace it, it is nearing the wear bars plus the age. Remember the cost of a tire is a lot less than the cost of a hospital. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for quick response.
I have new tire sitting in garage .. to be replaced...just waiting appointment with mechanic...everything is getting delayed due to COVID-19
Can it click 500 kms... going for a short ride tomorrow morning?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I would put it up on the center stand and spin it a full round and look carefully
I had a tire that looked like that on one side and cord showing on the opposite side

to me there looks to be a weird cut in the bottom left of your picture that shows the tread
right even with the Canadian Maple Leaf thing laying on the floor

Reactions: igurv and Eric

·
Registered
908 Posts
I think you should have no problem from the pictures you posted for your ride, just check the whole tire for signs of any cords or other abnormalities and you should be good to go. I did not mean to scare you into not riding just answered your question about replacement, sorry.

Reactions: igurv

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks
The tire is clean.. so I am off to ride to Niagara falls....🤫

·
Registered
729 Posts
I would change out the tires as soon as you can get it done. With the bike being a 15 the tires were probably made in 14. They are at least 6 years old. Sunshine doesn’t do rubber compounds any favors. I am paranoid about tires but I do have reasons. I don’t like running old tires.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everyone for your feedback..
I was able to pull through about 700 kms on the old tire...
Got new boots for my baby and ready to roll for another few months.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts