Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how many miles would you say you average in a week, month, and a year? I know I ride to workk every day, and that is 70 miles round trip a day, so I would say at least 400 miles in a week for me.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Mine is not a daily driver, so for me 5k a year is about average. So I guess I'm well below most folks average.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I ride as often as I can and weather permits. work is a 40 mile commute there and back, and I find 'excuses' to take the long way home quite a bit. Only have 13000 km so far in two seasons, but that's changing this year. I'm actually planning/hoping to wear out a set of tires:D

·
Registered
466 Posts
I average about 1000 miles a month and I use the wing as a daily driver when weather permits.
My daily commute is only 15 miles each way so it's hard for me to rack up miles on anything. All my vehicles have low miles including the wing.
I have had this wing right at 1 year and just turned 10,000 smiles.......ummmm I mean miles:D

·
Registered
691 Posts
This timee of year, about 3,500 pr week unless I go on a trip. Spent the past year with a broken ankle so the miles went down. Back this year. Feeling good and riding unless it is wet.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This timee of year, about 3,500 pr week unless I go on a trip. Spent the past year with a broken ankle so the miles went down. Back this year. Feeling good and riding unless it is wet.
3,500 miless a week!!?????:eek: You are the man!

·
Registered
455 Posts
8,500 to 10,000 per year. Spend the rest of my time in my little convertible. :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Bike new on new years eve. I have 6000 so far work 52 miles round trip Live in northern IL I expect to add another 12000 or so.

·
Registered
31 Posts
mileage

Last yr I rode 72,820 miles....this yr I have 33,383 as of this mornin...............I have been ridin for 46 yrs an have average little over 33,000 per yr..................u figurer it out..will turn 1.5 million miles this yr......like tomorrow

·
Registered
77 Posts
Up to about 7,000 miles/year--I'd love to be able to do more. I live just 1 mile from work so about all my riding is weekends and an annual 1-week excursion.

·
Banned
3,192 Posts
Bought mine in October of 2010. I have 6000 on it now. 5000 miles are on a car tire. Yes, everyone, I have a car tire on the back of my Goldwing.

And the front tire is a bias ply and the rear is radial. I just don't leave the two of them alone for too long of a time, so they don't get a chance to attack each other.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Well, I don't think that I'm an average rider, so to speak.

I picked up my '10 Goldwing Tier 3 on May 22 of last year with 1 mile on the odometer. I use the bike for a daily commuter as much as I can (55 miles round trip) and participated in the Grand Tour of Virginia last year.

By Friday I will reach 28,000 miles.

Follow that with a trip from the Washington, DC area to Dublin, OH over the long weekend (450 miles round trip approx) and then I leave the 29th of June for a Four Corners tour throughout the month of July - an additional 12,000+ miles. Even before this summer is over I will have something to the tune of 41,000+ miles on the bike. Yes, I love my Goldwing...

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I don't think that I'm an average rider, so to speak.

I picked up my '10 Goldwing Tier 3 on May 22 of last year with 1 mile on the odometer. I use the bike for a daily commuter as much as I can (55 miles round trip) and participated in the Grand Tour of Virginia last year.

By Friday I will reach 28,000 miles.

Follow that with a trip from the Washington, DC area to Dublin, OH over the long weekend (450 miles round trip approx) and then I leave the 29th of June for a Four Corners tour throughout the month of July - an additional 12,000+ miles. Even before this summer is over I will have something to the tune of 41,000+ miles on the bike. Yes, I love my Goldwing...
Have a nice trip on your Four Corners Tour! I have a friend that did it last year with his daughter, and they had a blast. This is a dream of mine for some day.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Have a nice trip on your Four Corners Tour! I have a friend that did it last year with his daughter, and they had a blast. This is a dream of mine for some day.
I hung onto that dream for 30 years and it is finally going to come true. I've set up a blog for the trip and also picked up a Spot2 GPS transponder/tracker, so I'll be posting daily (or as much as I can given the availability of a WiFi hotspot). It is at http://rapier-goldwing.blogspot.com if you wish to follow along.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
I guess I could ride my '05 on my daily commute, but it might be a little bumpy going down stairs from the bedroom to the Study. I'm averaging about 5,000 miles per year over my first 19 months of ownership, but I plan on increasing that substantially this year with some longer trips to Colorado, Wyoming, and New Mexico.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts