Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the wonderful city of Edmonton Alberta. A city that has just enacted a new bylaw pertaining to decibel levels of motorbikes, not card trucks rice rockets loud audio systems, just bikes.
The new law means that if your bike exceeds 92 decibels you get a $150.00 ticket!!!
Does anyone know of the decibel level of a wing(2008).
Also does anyone know of a site that lists other manufacturers decibel levels?

·
Super Moderator
9,857 Posts
I don't know what the actual count is, but I can tell you if the Wing exceeds it, there is not a motorcycle on the planet that can pass the test.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Amen,Two Wheel,rest assured Bear,you have absolutely nothing to worry about regarding this issue on ANY model year GoldWing with stock exhaust.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I agree with the above...if a GW can't pass the test no one can...a friend of mine was ticketed for his loud car...he bought a $30 meter to fight the ticket in court...here is a link to meters that range from $30 to $2000....

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/search.aspx?C=0000001232

Safe Rides....

·
Registered
123 Posts
My only complaint with the Wing is that it's a little too quiet. A lot more people don't see/hear me on the Wing than on the Magna.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Decible

I would guess less than 80 so long as it is stock. Not very darned high for sure.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
they have tried that law with loud bikes, cars, and music. i got pulled over once in the convertable for loud music, guess the cop forgot about the pipes. took it to court and the judge told the cop he couldn't single out music just because it was loud

1 - 7 of 7 Posts