Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It just so happens that 1 hour after posting the original "how loud is a goldwing" I had the opportunity to go to an Edmonton police check stop that had their monitoring device.
Guess what ... on their equipment a Goldwing registers 78.2 decibels at idle and only 82.5 when throttled to 2000 rpm.Well below the "leagal" limit of 92 decibels
The officer on duty told me that after 18 months of trials NO bike that has stock pipes should fail the test

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Good info for those in need of it. Thanks for sharing.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
One of the most beautiful things about riding a Wing is even if you have aftermarket pipes, you are usually overlooked by even the most officious Gendarmes du Royal Canadienne. They're looking for the HD hot rodders and the cruisers with the shotgun pipes, and the sport riders with the high performance cans. Sure glad I don't ride the Vulcan these days. But the guys that had loud pipes and behaved themselves are branded by the ones that abused the sound levels and John Q Public's ears. It is too bad, because I still like the sound of a well tuned open piped v-twin at full song under the right conditions. Just not on a quiet neighborhood street or a busy downtown thoroughfare. This is going to spell hard times for all aftermarket manufacturers, and will impact on custom builders as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts